Thread: no intermittant front wipers, dodgy park position.

Rides

no intermittant front wipers, dodgy park position.

hey. i have a slight but annoying fault with my s15 spec s. the front wipers dont work on intermittant, set the switch to int. and they run at constant speed. they dont auto park properly either, pretty frustrating in these dreary conditions where you just want a quick sweep to clear the salt n grot..

can anyone shed some light on to a probable cause? im not sure if there is a dodgy pcb somewhere or relay fault, maybe the switch or motor? where do i start diagnosing it?

any help much appreciated.

Rides
    suspect/possible wiper relay ,brown box lives on bulkhead next to wiper motor on 13/14s I think 15 is same,
    if the relay is unplugged on a 13 the wipers work but looses the park/intermit wipe,
    and the relay/multiplug connector can get covered in road crap/water gets inside it and it corrodes to a powdery death if arch liners are missing

Rides
    i have been hunting for the brown box but cant see it. not the same as s14 it seems. it looks like the amp might be in the switch from what i read in the service manual.

Rides
    I have a funny feeling the timer is in the stalk

look in the manual at the motor/gearbox for it as some cars have a park switch system.

Rides
    i have had a quick look through the manual but i cant make much sense of it. it does look like trying a new switch may be a good start though.