Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new (ish) Nissan 200sx

Rides

Smile My new (ish) Nissan 200sx

Hi All

I've had it for a couple of months now but here's a picture of my new nissan 200sx! it was previously in matte black but i'm stripping it off as it's cracking and was only done with rattle cans so I've used paint thinners to wipe it off

here's a picture of it at a meet a month or so ago:

and now:

Looks a bit of a mess at the moment but it should look really nice when it's all done.

at the moment it's running a CA18DET which overheated, and I'm swapping a new one into it in the year. I will be dailying it for a bit so hopefully will be more reliable than the current one but we'll see

In the meantime I'm going to be building a high ish power forged CA18DET and I'm planning on boring it out 4.5mm and using oversized pistons, and strapping a big fat turbo on it but that's a long way off from now.

as far as bodywork goes I'm planning on getting a BN kit, overfenders and a nice paint job, as well as some BC or HSD coilovers to stick it on it's chassis.

hope you all like!

Cheers

Rides
    Welcome! It looks very familiar to me, have you by any chance put a video up on youtube with it a few months back? I'm sure it's the one I'm thinking of.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Welcome! It looks very familiar to me, have you by any chance put a video up on youtube with it a few months back? I'm sure it's the one I'm thinking of.
    cheers. yes i did! me and a few friends made a YT channel a while back, could have been this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2j5UNzZy0
    Last edited by harper; 14-12-2016 at 16:52.

Rides
    Hahaha as if, that's the one yeah. Good luck with your s13 fiddling. So far I've found mines gobbled up way more money than expected

Rides
    No way! How did you find it? Cheers, mine has too lol

Rides
    I think it was just suggested/recommended next to a vid I must have been watching

Rides
    welcome to the club mate, looks a you've got some work to do but it'll look good when its done.

Rides
    Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Rides
    Welcome harper,

I've never had to deal with paint and am slightly amazed you can just rub off the black with thinners.
    I'm guessing it was cellulose rattle can black over factory red 2-Pack or something else. I'd have been afraid of ending up with a bubbly bare steel mess.

Rides
    it was montana matte black paint and i bought a respirator mask and rubbed it off.

took off some primer though unfortunately and it's gonna need a respray, and i checked the MOT history tonight and it's all corrosion and rust etc, so i'm gonna have to do that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Looking forward to seeing this progress.

i am too but after looking tonight it's going to be a long, expensive journey

Rides
    the sills aren't rusty at all and suspension doesn't seem bad at all, so maybe it's just the floorpan?

Rides
    Thought I'd give this a bit of an update.

Managed to get most of the black paint off. It's not perfect and there's a severe amount of lacquer peel but it looks fine for now until I can afford a paint job.

I got the old, 8 port CA18 out as it was in a pretty bad state and put a running 4 port with a few goodies in. Here are some action shots I got along the way.

Here's the engine all seated, still need a few parts but I'm getting there. Should be daily driving it soon ish.

To be honest I've shocked myself, I managed to do the swap almost entirely on my own which I was pretty proud of even if it was a standard swap. 6 months back I wouldn't know where to start so I've definitely learnt a lot along the way!

Will post back when I get it running.

Rides
    Massive improvement.

Rides
    Massive improvement.
    Not bad eh! Got a few patches to sort out and again some bits are down to primer but what can you do without forking out for a paint job

Rides
    Thought I'd update this as a little bit of work has gone into it recently!

So i was fitting an external wastegate when I encountered a problem: the ABS module got in the way. To get around this I bought some HEL performance lines, front and rear:

Here's me getting angry at the amount of air in the system

So not a lots changed but I now have all the parts to get it working again! Well excited. Will post back in a few days/weeks depending on how long it takes

Rides
    It doesn't matter what car it is you usually have to go round it twice to get all the air out the brakes.

Rides
    It doesn't matter what car it is you usually have to go round it twice to get all the air out the brakes.
    Yeah man replaced the bleed nipples too which is supposed to help a bit

Rides
    Hello and welcome.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by def View Post
    Hello and welcome.
    Cheers.

Quick update on the 13:

Bought and installed some HSD monopros. They make the car sit a lot more nicely, pretty easy to install too. Here's some pics

My mate also fabricated me up a screamer pipe and I heatwrapped it, have now attached it to the wastegate but here it was beforehand

Just need to nit pick and finish off a few small jobs and it should be good to go!