Thread: Le Mans 2017

Rides

Le Mans 2017

Anyone on here going this year??

I've just booked my boat and campsite with a pal in his RX8! Well be leaving on the Sunday and coming back on the Monday (Hull-Zeebrugge).

Plan to stop off in Paris to keep the missus' happy!

Rides
    This is the first one in 7 years I'm missing. Going to see Guns N' Roses in London instead.

I am going to see the FIAWEC at Spa though!

Rides
    Yh man I'll try let you know nearer the time but we'll try and come down in the s13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Orr View Post
    Anyone on here going this year??

I've just booked my boat and campsite with a pal in his RX8! Well be leaving on the Sunday and coming back on the Monday (Hull-Zeebrugge).

Plan to stop off in Paris to keep the missus' happy!
    there are always a large contingent who manage over.

where you camping

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    This is the first one in 7 years I'm missing. Going to see Guns N' Roses in London instead.
    Would have been the first I missed in 11 years ........ so I booked to see GnR @ Slane Castle in Ireland instead

There is a fair crew of us camping at Houx, I dont think youd be able t miss us if we go with the theme we are thinking of
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Would have been the first I missed in 11 years ........ so I booked to see GnR @ Slane Castle in Ireland instead

There is a fair crew of us camping at Houx, I dont think youd be able t miss us if we go with the theme we are thinking of
    It crossed my mind but with the cost of Le Mans and a going to Dublin and the ticket costs and a wedding to pay for it was a no go unfortunately. Can't wait to see them though!

Rides
    I'll be sat at home watching it as usual, maybe one year!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_E1 View Post
    there are always a large contingent who manage over.

where you camping
    We'll be staying at our usual Château de Chanteloup! Stayed there 4 years on the trot from 2005-09, so looking forward to going back over again!

Rides
    Is SXOC going to be at Le Mans this year? haven't been able to find anything official on this.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    There are some of us going over but its not really an SXOC event anymore, half the guys that come arent on the board and we pay to use the van. The problem is that once numbers go over about 30 catering becomes an absolute nightmare, the need to book is getting earlier and earlier every year as well, this year we were confirmed and paid in October IIRC as 30 pitches next to each other needs to be done early doors. Its also a boys only event which isnt very PC for an owners club .........

Best bet if you fancy is to try and get tickets for camping in Houx non numbered and then pitch up next to us anyway, even if we cant necessarily feed you we do have beer tap, TV, disco etc ........... and of course, Naked Friday
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    haha, sounds like a plan. im fairly adept at ensuring that I do not starve and or go thirsty......

But will be in houx so will be sure to swing by and meet everyone