Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noise Complaint Council

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CNHSS1 View Post
    As noise is so directional, you will find if you turn the car 90deg or 180deg it will massively alter the dB readings anyway. Possibly reversing the car so exhaust points away from old Doris would make a big effect and keep her curtains from twitching.

As has been said tho a gentle 2-3 miles off boost is all thats required along with reasonable oil change intervals (30,000 miles is too long ;-) ) to keep engine and turbo healthy
    I do, I reverse into my parking area and my exhaust faces away from the blocks of flats. I'm very considerate in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Another vote for "just switch the feckin' thing off" I'm afraid.

What seems reasonable to you can be a right wind up to someone else.

I had a "visitor" to a neighbouring house used to park his house below my daughters window in his Eurobox with wet-fart exhaust. He'd come out every night at 11pm and wait 5 minutes while his windows defrosted/he rolled a fag/had a frustration ****/whatever.

Having someone like that waking a little girl every night who's got to get up at 6 am to go to school....

Two sides to every argument is all I'm saying.
    Indeed two sides to every story, but I don't see the times I come in unreasonable anyway. I never go out later than 9:00pm or come in earlier than 7:30am. For the reason of my car is louder than most.

Rides
    Personally I wouldn't worry about it. If it's anything like here the council will be to incompetent to actually follow there own guidelines to assess whether or not the complaint is lagit or not. Even if it was I doubt very much they would be able to work out the formula to determine if it's excessive or locate the date to get a benchmark.

Rides
    Usually they require the complainant to keep a diary for a month or two detailing the noise, then they might fit sound measuring equipment to keep a log of the noise and time.
    Most councils operate a mediatory service as well, where both people are asked to voluntary attend and actually talk to each other about the noise, IIRC if the person complaining doesn't attend the sessions the complaint can be dropped (that usually weeds out moaning old women and curtain twitchers)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Usually they require the complainant to keep a diary for a month or two detailing the noise, then they might fit sound measuring equipment to keep a log of the noise and time.
    Most councils operate a mediatory service as well, where both people are asked to voluntary attend and actually talk to each other about the noise, IIRC if the person complaining doesn't attend the sessions the complaint can be dropped (that usually weeds out moaning old women and curtain twitchers)
    She'll have fun, been driving my Micra since early December!

I hope I get to meet her, I'll happily talk to her about it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by digby View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Digby empty your pm inbox, drop us a pm mate

Rides
    I laughed way too much at the mexi flush micra so reminded me of this classic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqqZ28m8uCo

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Another vote for "just switch the feckin' thing off" I'm afraid.

What seems reasonable to you can be a right wind up to someone else.

I had a "visitor" to a neighbouring house used to park his house below my daughters window in his Eurobox with wet-fart exhaust. He'd come out every night at 11pm and wait 5 minutes while his windows defrosted/he rolled a fag/had a frustration ****/whatever.

Having someone like that waking a little girl every night who's got to get up at 6 am to go to school....

Two sides to every argument is all I'm saying.
    How do you park a house?

Rides
    I'm bilingual. I don't just talk shite, I write it too.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Yeah. My manager at work is a lesbian as well. And a vegetarian. That eats fish. I'll leave you to fill in the joke.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKESKYLINER32 View Post
    Digby empty your pm inbox, drop us a pm mate
    How do I empty my pm box??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by digby View Post
    How do I empty my pm box??

You need to go to your inbox messages and select which ones you want to delete and then select delete from the drop down box underneath and to the right, all the boxes you need are in the column to the right and just underneath
    Last edited by LUKESKYLINER32; 23-01-2017 at 09:28.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKESKYLINER32 View Post
    You need to go to your inbox messages and select which ones you want to delete and then select delete from the drop down box underneath and to the right, all the boxes you need are in the column to the right and just underneath
    Thanks mate done now