Thread: 1 to 2...Project "man maths"

Rides

1 to 2...Project "man maths"

Not been on here for a while but the plan is to get more involved again now i have something a bit more intresting.

So I did have an E46 M3 and it was a great car. But it became my wifes daily when she went back to work......cue much moaning to me about petrol costs, that and the mileage pumping up rapido. it had to go.
    It was quite high on running costs. My plan (and justification ) was to try and get two cars. Taxed and insured for less than it cost on the M3.

So to keep my wife happy I bought a.........Mondeo! Dont laugh. Its Massive, goes ok, its nice inside, its got the thumbs up from the wife, she really likes it. (doubled MPG).

thats the boring bit.....fook knows how i got away with this, but i have lol . A SEW zetec Westy 165BHP 535kg power to wieght 308bhp per ton. Got some nice bits on it quaife diff, gearbox etc etc and its a right giggle!

It costs £136 to insure it lol. So im actually saving money now....taxing the two is the same as the BMW. It was a no brainer.... apart from the chapped lips! See you at llandow!
    Last edited by SXRORY; 19-01-2017 at 19:36.

Rides
    Would love a kit car, i'll be at llandow, might see if i can blag a passenger ride!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nice work! I really like that age mondeo, drove about 80 miles in a 2.2 titanium x sport derv last night which has been mapped and it went like stink.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRPS13 View Post
    Would love a kit car, i'll be at llandow, might see if i can blag a passenger ride!
    Of course no problem. Be the first time driven in anger, looking forward to it. I hope it doesn't rain!

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Nice work! I really like that age mondeo, drove about 80 miles in a 2.2 titanium x sport derv last night which has been mapped and it went like stink.
    Thanks Chris. I like the mondy much more than I thought I would. lots of toys,stereo is good, comfy. Just the 2.0 derv here.

Rides
    If you think thats big you should drive one of the current ones, I have been in smaller hotel rooms

Best of both worlds there and the wifes happy, win all round
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Cracking! Nice one Rory

Rides
    is the mondeo heavy enough to tow the kit car?

Rides
    The current one can tow 2 ton braked so i guess this wont be much less.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    is the mondeo heavy enough to tow the kit car?
    Nope plan is to drive it where I want to go. I went for this one as it's has been set up well for the road, it's surprisingly compliant. I drove it for 3.5 hours on the motorway to get it home. Not saying I want to do it again anytime soon as that's quite a drive but it's ok.

Rides
    not a good advert for M3 owners,as nice as they are owning the other two cars for same money is crazy
    good choice on the westy for the toy,endless potential ,drive the mundano too much and it will feel like the starship enterprise

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The current one can tow 2 ton braked so i guess this wont be much less.
    that's interesting, so you could tow an s13 (1200kg) on a brian james style trailer (500kg) and be legal. I bet it would get better mpg all round than a 5 series/ mercedes monster.

*back on topic,,,, what gearbox is in the kit car?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post

*back on topic,,,, what gearbox is in the kit car?
    BGH 5 speed in a type 9 casing (old school Capri/Sierra) with different ratios suitable for a 7 type car. After driving a few you really need the ratios right. This has a long first gear which is what you need in a light car.

Rides
    Good choices bud and bonus on the cost savings (motoring and marriage related)