Thread: suspension advice please

Rides

suspension advice please

Ive been running the Apex gen 2 ( 6 5 ) fast road coilovers for around 3 years now, been quite happy with them, mostly! they are a little stiff for my needs and i get a loud knock/thump from the back end when i hit a pothole,but apart from that i really have liked them.

I have just noticed that one of the rear springs has snapped,but still holding tension.

Do i have any options? as in do i need to get the exact replacement springs from the same kit? if thats even possible, or can i get any springs as long as they are the same length?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Apex sell them. If you can get them apart you could always get a new set of springs which are softer to suit your needs.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Cheers bud

Thats what i wanted to know

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    If you can't find what you want then other companies sell springs in lbs/inch. So they'll be 280 lbs, make sure you get the same free length and internal diameter. If the coating is still on the springs it will be printed on, something like 5/220/62, where 220 is free length and 62 is internal diameter in mm.

Rides
    If you choose a softer spring the car will sit lower as there will be more static sag. You may also find it harder to set the compression/ rebound to your liking as the range will have been selected to match the spring. My advice would be to talk to Apex.
    If you buy new cookies, it's worth bearing in mind that lots of people have complained of the annoying left rear rattle.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    If you choose a softer spring the car will sit lower as there will be more static sag. You may also find it harder to set the compression/ rebound to your liking as the range will have been selected to match the spring. My advice would be to talk to Apex.
    If you buy new cookies, it's worth bearing in mind that lots of people have complained of the annoying left rear rattle.

Ok cheers
    surely i don't need to worry about a height drop as i can adjust the height higher if that happens, i really cant have it any lower! As for compression/rebound rates, Ive no idea.

Do you think running the 5/4 comfy springs with the dampers from the 6/5 fast road kit would upset her too much?

I run hardrace arb's so i wouldnt be too worried about bodyroll.

I used to run the nismo S suspension before and that was too "floppy" for me.

As for cookies mate, ive no idea what you mean, only cookies i know about come from big jars at my Grans house!

Rides
    You might be able to adjust ride height to your liking but it will depend on whereabouts on the thread you have them now. Just saying that they will sit lower if you just swap the springs for softer ones.
    You would probably be ok going just one softness different on the springs I.e 6/5 to 5/4 for the compression rebound settings because most people run 5/4s in the mid settings.
    For cookies read coilies. Fecking autocorrect !

Rides
    It would be nice if you got a pack of cookies when you buy some coilies!