Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Science, Critical Thinking and Scepticism... What do the people of the SXOC think?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    In other words what's really reality? Your thumb nail at arms length? Everything else is the brain filling in the gaps based on your past, experience, history and what you have been taught. maybe ghosts can be easily explained for example. Not only do your eyes play tricks and programed from birth to recognise a face but your mind enforce it as it trys to fill in the blanks clouded by over emotions ( it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck therefore it must be a duck) Was it real, or only "real" to that person.
    I'm sure I have heard something like that before..... Oh yes.....

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I'm sure I have heard something like that before..... Oh yes.....

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
    Exactly, we even see upside down, our brian switches it the right way up. This whole concept just leads to more questions.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I don't really consider myself to have the intellect to enter in to this topic but I will comment on one thing and that's the vaccination of children.

I believe children should be vaccinated and that it's important but some of the vaccines can have harmful effects. The MMR vaccine for example had been known to lead to SIDS in children who would of been prone to epilepsy if I remember correctly. If a parent or parents has had such a bareavement then it is somewhat understandable for them to be cautious when it comes to certain vaccinations with future children.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    It's not a matter of intellect - this is all opinions :-)

We all have one - don't be afraid to state yours!

:-)

Seems like there's some controversy on the MMR and SIDS connection - it seems to make quite a difference the age at which it's administered?

Rides
    Its a bad time when some people dont trust their government enough to believe that vaccinations are safe.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    Its a bad time when some people dont trust their government enough to believe that vaccinations are safe.
    Just because it's the government, doesn't mean you should trust it I'd say.

Treat everything to the critical thinking treatment - do your own research, and come to your own conclusions. Just make sure to find decent sources, not people like Andrew Wakefield who lied to try and make money selling their own alternative vaccine to the one which was out there, or any other people with skin in the game, so to speak, who aren't being honest about the fact.

There are side effects to many vaccines, granted not Autism, and many less than if people don't have them - but there are always people who can't be vaccinated for a number of reasons, it's them who depend most on the rest of us to be fully vaccinated to maintain herd immunity.

Rides
    We should be able to trust the government though, shouldn't we? I don't in anyway but it would be high on my agenda if I were an MP etc.

Now that programs like Mk ultra are known to be real we shouldn't trust those in power at all. I know Mk ultra was a US program but we are "special" friends with them aren't we

Rides
    Generally we can trust them for most things day to day, IMO. Having said that, I still do my due diligence on anything that I can effect which directly impacts me Mistakes happen, and also people act in their own interests - it's human nature

Rides
    We all hit our thumbs once with what we agree to call a hammer.

And we all agree it hurts.

If you do it a 2nd time then your nuts.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    So Putin has affected the result of every election since 1832.

One question: How?

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    We all hit our thumbs once with what we agree to call a hammer.

And we all agree it hurts.

If you do it a 2nd time then your nuts.
    My grandad used to say "if you're going to hit your thumb, hit gentle".

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Santa and the tooth fairy get my vote, as for the rest it's bull shite.I'm off to really educate myself and watch eastenders as that's real in it ;-)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I don't really consider myself to have the intellect to enter in to this topic but I will comment on one thing and that's the vaccination of children.

I believe children should be vaccinated and that it's important but some of the vaccines can have harmful effects. The MMR vaccine for example had been known to lead to SIDS in children who would of been prone to epilepsy if I remember correctly. If a parent or parents has had such a bareavement then it is somewhat understandable for them to be cautious when it comes to certain vaccinations with future children.
    According to the WHO and CDC there is no evidence that MMR or DTP have increased the risk of SIDS.... Another conspiracy theory spreading.

Rides
    If we live on a globe earth why are there no real pictures of the earth from space.

If we live on a globe earth why is the no curvature (we are told the earth is 25000 miles ish round so curvature should be obvious)

If we live on globe earth and our planet orbits the sun and our sun moves round the galaxy why is it we see the same stars all the time .

If we live on a globe earth why do the moon landings look like a low budget 70 s Sci if movie and why have they lost the original copy of the film.

I'm not saying it's flat but there science ( lies ) just doesn't work out

I'm not against vaccination in general but I don't believe all of them are necessary for example autism has increased since the introduction of mmr and the whopping cough jab during pregnancy I think doctors are like glorified drug pushers these days.

There are real cures for cancer out there but they are so cheap and easy to use make most people will never know about them. Cancer industry is worth 50 billion a year)
    Last edited by leonatlarge; 28-02-2017 at 13:22.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by leonatlarge View Post
    If we live on a globe earth why do the moon landings look like a low budget 70 s Sci if movie and why have they lost the original copy of the film.

I'm not saying it's flat but there science ( lies ) just doesn't work out.
    Seriously?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Seriously?
    Unfortunately yes

Rides
    This flat planet thing is crazy, sorry but as seen from lots of photos from space shuttles ect its seems fairly globe like to me. The moon conspriacies have been debunked, massively so.

Rides
    I'm not against vaccination in general but I don't believe all of them are necessary for example autism has increased since the introduction of mmr and the whopping cough jab during pregnancy I think doctors are like glorified drug pushers these days.
    Does anybody sensible say this still?

Autism detection is up, and definitions are up - but there is no link. They said it was due to the mercury in them, it was removed to placate them, and it made no difference at all what so ever.

People are literally insane - so committed to their way of thinking they cannot see reason or sense!

This site is handy for such things
    https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/ant...spectacularly/

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    This flat planet thing is crazy, sorry but as seen from lots of photos from space shuttles ect its seems fairly globe like to me. The moon conspriacies have been debunked, massively so.

That picture looks fake why is the astro-nots visor not reflecting anything and what is that fake white light ?

Rides
    what is that fake white light ?
    That would be our atmosphere....