Thread: The Importing Thread

Rides

The Importing Thread

I'm looking at buying a Spec S for £6,500, I then seen a PS13 for £7,250 which I'm waiting on pics of. I got to thinking, for that price range could I import a PS13?

Would anyone personally recommend any Importers? From a search on here I'd rather a company that has people in Japan to personally look at the car. Also, did you find the car on your own or did you just tell them you were looking for, say, a PS13 Grade 4 or above and they find it for you?

Cheers

Rides
    A ps13 or 180sx grade 4 with the yen how it is, is over £8k for an importer to get it to the UK. A ropey one you are talking £6750-7000.
    I monitor what they are selling for every now and again just for my own piece of mind.
    So depending on the condition of that ps13 it's cheap.
    Spec S s15's however haven't fluctuated much price wise, I imagine due the fact there are still a fair amount left in Japan.

Rides
    I got my aristo through Torque GT and you pay a premium for peace of mind.
    Limitless imports on here has just started the car import game.
    Ive purchased a lot of bits through him in the past and he is top notch. Give him a PM if you fancy.
    Give Torque GT an email to ask for price etc and what you can expect for your budget.

Rides
    A friend of my boyfriend imported a PS13 about a year ago, maybe a bit less and it cost him 5K. That was through an importer aswell and the car was clean underneath with not the best paintwork but pretty good. So ignore the ridiculous prices some people are asking at the minute and see what importers can do for you.

Rides
    Current exchange rate isn't ideal, back when it was good you could bring over clean spec R's for 5-7k, I'd feel robbed paying that money for a spec s personally.

Rides
    The exchange rate is in the toilet right now, I'd just wait to be honest.
    It's around 140 yen to the pound, back in the heyday before 2008 we were getting 250 yen to the pound.

It was close to 200 yen to the pound before we voted Brexit.
    It will recover slowly.

Rides
    I don't think the exchange rate will pick up particularly fast as brexit is still lingering then we will have the aftermath.

You either wait it out for what could be years or just buy the car you want

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk