Thread: Geomaster 3

Rides

Geomaster 3

For track use will the Geomaster 3 front knuckles work with standard front lower arms and tie rods?

Cheers

Rides
    Quiet in here isn't it...

Rides
    Yup, probably best sending them an email, then share the answer here, I'm curious too and considering a set.

Rides
    I gave them a call, fitting guides and more info coming soon

Rides

Rides
    I'v just finished fitting fronts to my S15r in track mode, I'l probably buy rears in near future.
    Here's what you need to know

1. Cut off lock stops and grind down the welding so it doesn't foul on the knuckle

2. Need longer tie rods by approx 10mm min, ideally 15mm-20mm. I used Infinity Q45 rods from Rockauto (+10mm) (MAS TI61005) with driftworks lock spacer (3mm thick spring washer)
    These need S14 M14 rod ends. S13/S15 wll not work as they are M12.

Taken from the Zilvia Roll centre thread, so US referenced.

89-94 240sx.. 11.10" (m12x1.25)
    95-98 240sx.. 11.37"
    94-99 maxima 11.42"
    96-99 i30...... 11.42"
    97-01 Q45..... 12.00" (same with 01-06)
    00-04 i30...... 12.91"
    99-03 maxima 12.91"
    03-08 maxima 13.30" (same with 04-06)
    PSM Spherical....12.5"
    GKTech spherical 14.5"
    Note, Driftworks sell some too.

3. If retaining ABS, PUG 206 rear sensors with Rectangle connector will fit.
    Slight trim with had file for a snug fit, trim mounting hole then nut and bolt.
    I crimped on my own connectors both ends, not test driven to confirm working yet.

I'v been put off all the popular knuckles in the past mainly due to various reported fitting issues, like high spots on spindles not allowing bearings to slide on, brake mounts out of position or at an angle, poor jig giving uneveness between either side.
    A BIG relief was I had no fitment issues at all, build quality seems spot on, great work Driftworks and Wisefab

If no one else has done one, I'l do a little review in the next 6 months or so once I'v used and abused my car.

I'l dump some pics soon.
    Last edited by immy21; 28-05-2017 at 20:37.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by immy21 View Post
    I'v just finished fitting fronts to my S15r in track mode, I'l probably buy rears in near future.
    Here's what you need to know

1. Cut off lock stops and grind down the welding so it doesn't foul on the knuckle

2. Need longer tie rods by approx 10mm min, ideally 15mm-20mm. I used Infinity Q45 rods from Rockauto (+10mm) (MAS TI61005) with driftworks lock spacer (3mm thick spring washer)
    These need S14 M14 rod ends. S13/S15 wll not work as they are M12.

Taken from the Zilvia Roll centre thread, so US referenced.

89-94 240sx.. 11.10" (m12x1.25)
    95-98 240sx.. 11.37"
    94-99 maxima 11.42"
    96-99 i30...... 11.42"
    97-01 Q45..... 12.00" (same with 01-06)
    00-04 i30...... 12.91"
    99-03 maxima 12.91"
    03-08 maxima 13.30" (same with 04-06)
    PSM Spherical....12.5"
    GKTech spherical 14.5"
    Note, Driftworks sell some too.

3. If retaining ABS, PUG 206 rear sensors with Rectangle connector will fit.
    Slight trim with had file for a snug fit, trim mounting hole then nut and bolt.
    I crimped on my own connectors both ends, not test driven to confirm working yet.

I'v been put off all the popular knuckles in the past mainly due to various reported fitting issues, like high spots on spindles not allowing bearings to slide on, brake mounts out of position or at an angle, poor jig giving uneveness between either side.
    A BIG relief was I had no fitment issues at all, build quality seems spot on, great work Driftworks and Wisefab

If no one else has done one, I'l do a little review in the next 6 months or so once I'v used and abused my car.

I'l dump some pics soon.
    Any updates on this? I'm about to pull the trigger on the DW website lol.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRPS13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRPS13 View Post
    I would recommend them

First thing to note:
    I'm not convinced the pug 206 sensors work perfect, at walking pace ABS can trigger slightly. Generally ABS seems to work well but I had a particular scare with overactive ABS on track while trying to push my braking point, ended up pulling the ABS fuses after that for rest of track session. Possibly just the way I braked or car setup but worth a mention.
    EDIT 16/04/19
    Need to clock the Pug sensor correctly, one sensor has to be rotated 180*

Now about how it drives, my favorite thing and in my opinion the most dramatic difference is the quicker steering due to the shorter Tie rod arm (approx 20mm) this really transforms how the car feels on the road. Driftworks said slightly quicker steering but I'm not sure if that's in relation to stock or Geo 2's. I don't feel any negatives of reduced Ackerman but now feels like it has faster steering like a modern car without the horrid lifeless or fake feel of electric steering. It feels great, but not nervous or twitchy at all. One of my least favorite thing about our cars and generally most 90's cars has always been the slow steering.

As for for body roll and front grip, it has made an improvement. The front arm angles are as expected a lot better which is good for camber gain/loss on compression and I'm pritty sure it does roll less. It's really the track where this should show up, I ran Knockhill clockwise before the Knuckles and anticlockwise after so difficult to directly compare.
    I'm currently on Tein Superstreets 6/4's, stock ARB's (S15r so a little stiffer than S14) and a good road tyre (Dunlop RT2) so overall a mostly road orientated setup.

I'm still trying to get my head around how moving the rack fore and aft effects geometry while wheel is turned to possibly tweek setup in future. I'm always fiddling and experimenting with all aspects of car setup.

As said, I recommend them. I don't really care about outright performance, it's all about how the car feels for me, it certainly feels much better on road and track with the Front Geo 3's in Track mode.
    Last edited by immy21; 16-04-2019 at 15:38.

Rides

This is the lock you will get if you don't cut the lock stops off, wish I'd known before refurbing my arms

Coilover perch was on full low, now nearly half way up the threads, great for damper travel on single perch coilovers

Lock stops could do with being shaved a bit more

Last edited by immy21; 03-07-2017 at 00:51.

Rides
    Nice one mate I'm definitely liking them so will most likely buy!