Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheeled ocean liner purchase

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    For anyone that hasnt seen the boot hinges, these sum up the overengineering on this hearse:
    Probably £1500 each from VW if they ever sieze

I saw that and thought - he's only gone and bought a fcuking Phaeton - super undercover Doc, love it.

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    It will probably be going to Le Mans, so the back window I guess

For anyone that hasnt seen the boot hinges, these sum up the overengineering on this hearse:

Jesus Christ, how much does that thing weigh!?

On the rare occasion I've seen a Phaeton on the road, I do glance admiringly, but they are so bloody understated.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    2500KG. Dry. It carries it pretty well though TBF, may end up at Nurburgring if I cant sort the misfire on my 135i
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    boot hinges look so chunky and over engineered they could survive a drone strike,shame they are hidden
    the weight made me chuckle,my stripped out daily yaris is a smidge lighter at 680 kgs and in full drag trim it will be 650 640 possibly

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    boot hinges look so chunky and over engineered they could survive a drone strike,shame they are hidden
    the weight made me chuckle,my stripped out daily yaris is a smidge lighter at 680 kgs and in full drag trim it will be 650 640 possibly
    But they have motors that open and close the boot. Try opening a boot lid by lifting it 2 inches in front of the hinge instead of 2 foot away at the rear lip and you will appreciate the force required.

Rides
    I'm sorry, did you say drag Yaris?

Rides
    may end up at Nurburgring if I cant sort the misfire on my 135i
    "We wondered how comfortably can you lap the Nurburgring"

(That V10 sounds pretty damn good!)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    yes I like to be different and try the fwd thing

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    yes I like to be different and try the fwd thing
    But but but ..
    Short and tall FWD means greater weight transfer off the driven wheels.

Rides
    its on rock hard coil overs from a mk5 golf vr6,and for drags I will swap the rears for aluminum thick walled tubes and jack up the rear end
    moving cut down modified fuel tank to were passenger seat was, just diy mods on a super low budget but fun and cheap to run daily
    I nick ideas from the civic drag cars,very little after market tuning parts for the yaris/vitz/echo so most/all is homemade,,bodged
    it is nothing at all like docs near silent wafty speedy cloud,, my 13 is similar planed use but all in reverse moving the weight you can't loose rearwards

Rides
    Bollocks

Car had a few minor issues (boot wouldnt open from buttons, just from the key, handbrake ineffective, one of the rear doors doesnt unlock every time) so mailed dealer about 10 days ago - got told he was on holiday.

Just tried to call and got no answer on any numbers, website is down ......... yep, hes gone out of business. These things happen but whats particularly annoying was that I paid another £200 for an extended warranty (electrics) but he doesnt seem to have actually given my details to the warranty company, marvellous.

So, keep an eye out for Marcus Edgington, I certainly will be.
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I assume its HPI clear......
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Just seen this on Google

'Con artists !! Staff told me to f@cl off on the phone when asking to speak to the Manager , I part exchanged my car Jan 7th my finance company rang me March 7th they hadn't cleared the finance and it had been there two months still my responsibility !
    Blackworth kept pretending they they didn't get my emails , and the finance company woulda give them a settlement figure !!!! Liars .. Marcus is your typical slimy car sales person in a cheap suit and greasy hair .
    They have now said they are going into liquidation and my car has just been repossessed as they didn't clear the finance .
    Dishonest , liars, unethical , smarmy idiots !!
    The car I bought has lots of issues - I used Zuto to finance this car and they are washing their hands of this also !
    Con men !!!! I'm dealing with financial ombudsmen and OFT now as well as watchdog !!!'
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I assume its HPI clear......
    As per FB, why would you check HPI with a car from a dealer - I didnt even check all the stuff was working, just got an email from him confirming it was so if anything broke I had evidence that I didnt know about it on purchase.

Also just checked and he hadnt updated the V5 either, what a fcuking shyster.

Rides
    Yea, might be worth doing a quick HPI check just to be sure.
    Unless you have finance on it yourself?

(Don't small dealers use some kind of trade finance to pay for stock anyway????)
    Last edited by R3K1355; 23-03-2017 at 16:30.

Rides
    Bollocks

Car had a few minor issues (boot wouldnt open from buttons, just from the key, handbrake ineffective, one of the rear doors doesnt unlock every time) so mailed dealer about 10 days ago - got told he was on holiday.

thats annoying. I had an the door not unlocking on my daily which is a golf, had to buy a door module, it was only £25 from ebay and an easy swap to get it fixed. Might be the same with yours.

Rides
    when was the mot done on it? as a crap handbrake would be an mot fail so you can report it to vosa to get his dodgy mot mate in the shite.