Thread: S14 track brake pads

Rides

S14 track brake pads

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the best place to post it.

I need some decent front brake pads for my s14 calipers for an upcoming track day.

Ive heard yellowstuff or ferodo seem to be popular so wondered where the best place to get them from was?

Or if anyone offers sxoc discount on this sort of stuff?

Cheers

Rides
    ds2500's are good as are carbon lorraine, maybe ask the traders on here what they can offer.

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    I can supply Project Mu which we have tested extensively and found to be extremely good. Pm me with what you are after (front/rear/both, standard calipers etc?) and I'll get you a price and estimated delivery time

Clickme

Rides
    Carbon Lorraine are on another level compared to everything else out there imo... RC5+ are great for road and track, RC6 are mind blowing but eat your discs and are dusty. Even from cold they are both like hitting a brick wall, but once you get use to them they are very progressive.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    Carbon Lorraine are on another level compared to everything else out there imo... RC5+ are great for road and track, RC6 are mind blowing but eat your discs and are dusty. Even from cold they are both like hitting a brick wall, but once you get use to them they are very progressive.
    Best place to get these from?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Also can anyone actually confirm these are s14 pads? I upgraded my s13 calipers and was told these are s14 but every set of pads I buy for 's14 calipers' haven't fit...

Rides
    I have to agree i run the rc5 and they are awesome pads 2 trackdays and still plenty left on them! Discs have hotspots tho!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jvickery View Post
    Also can anyone actually confirm these are s14 pads? I upgraded my s13 calipers and was told these are s14 but every set of pads I buy for 's14 calipers' haven't fit...

Yea they are s14 pads! Fb msg me

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jvickery View Post
    Best place to get these from?

I got mine from Driftworks

Rides
    I got mine from Driftworks
    They dont stock them anymore and have sold out completely!

I got some from carbonelorrainebraking.co.uk in the end so thanks for all the help guys!

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    I have to disagree with you there, in my experience having tested both the Project Mu outperforms the CL's every time. I find it interesting that its very hard to find any information on the coefficient of friction and material of the CL's, there is a very small chart hidden on their website that is barely readable (if you zoom in it gets blurry). If you can read CL's chart you will see that the equivalent Project Mu pads have a higher coefficient of friction across the entire temp range and information about how each pad performs is very clear on the Project Mu's. Of course whether you would actually notice this on a road car is debatable.

Clickme