Thread: what cheap trackdays are there in the midlands?

Rides

what cheap trackdays are there in the midlands?

ive recently rebuilt the engine in my non road legal drift s13 and would like to put some mileage on it before I go and get it remapped and drift it again.

I was thinking about maybe going on a track day on a smaller track in the novice section so I could cruise around and lay down a decent amount of varied miles.

ive never really done a track day but have drifted most tracks so do you think this sounds like a sane idea and can any of you trackday guys recommend an event to attend? I don't really want to go to Silverstone and pay £500 etc.. just to pootle around but I do want to be able to pull 4k rpm in 4th etc..

in an ideal world I would like to stick about £500 miles on it so I can be sure its not going to explode.

Ive got about 80 miles on it already as I went to my local banger racing oval but that is only 1/3rd of a mile a lap.

Rides
    Come to the Weekender in August - that's in the Midlands and also a bargain There's drift and grip tracks open all day as well

Rides
    Brands hatch Indy, for example is 1.2 miles long so you are looking at over 400 laps to get 500 miles, ideally you also need at least 1 oil change in that time as well.

You could hire a RR but that wont be cheap (about £80 an hour)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    i went upto teeside autodrome as my mate did a private testing day and im now at about 130 miles. im on my 3rd sump full of oil and second oil filter and no major amounts of contamination has revealed its self, my main concern was that my main bearing clearances were tighter than what I would have wanted so had anxious visions of chewing up a main bearing. (I wanted to build a loose engine but it all measured up on the tight side of factory clearance).

Another stickle is that ive changed the static compression from 8.5.1 to 9.1.1 and when it was mapped originally I had about 130PSI compression and now have a solid 150PSI. so I expect the map to be slightly off. I did get it mapped originally on 97 RON so have been using 100 RON just lately as a bit of a safety barrier and only actuator boost levels of about 0.5 bar.

I do have plans on going to the weekender If I have my act together. the plan is to wack a BorgWarner on and chase some numbers.

how many miles do they stick on the new ford engines before they are deemed 'good to go'?
    Last edited by green_rs13; 27-03-2017 at 11:22.