Thread: Wheels

Rides

Wheels

Bit of a favour, does anyone in or near Bristol have any 18" wheels that I can test fit to my car so I can get an idea of what spec wheels will fit before I go and buy some only to find they don't fit

Thank you.

Rides
    Whether wheels will fit over disks and calipers will depend on the spoke profile behind the wheel as much as the rim diameter so one 18 in wheel might fit and another not. You'd need pretty big disks or a funky offset or odd spoke shape to not have 18s fit though

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Whether wheels will fit over disks and calipers will depend on the spoke profile behind the wheel as much as the rim diameter so one 18 in wheel might fit and another not. You'd need pretty big disks or a funky offset or odd spoke shape to not have 18s fit though

Thanks for the reply Jonny but brakes aren't my issue, they're standard. I seem to have clearance issues with my coilovers and that's with R33 GTR wheels so I wanted to get an idea of what sort of offset and jj would fit nicely

Rides
    I have 18x9 et25 & they clear the coilover spring by about 5-10mm.

Rides
    There is a calculator called willtheyfit or something similar that allows you to type in the credentials and shows you if they will clash and how it affects the rolling radius etc.

Rides
    Think my coilovers might be more in the way than others because the GTR wheels are 17x9 et30 and they won't fit unless I use a 20mm spacer and even then the clearance is tiny

And Jonny, I have been using that site but just thought it might be worth asking if anyone local could let me try their wheels before I commit to a purchase

Rides
    ive never put my GTR wheels on the front but im sure people use a 5mm spacer on the front

my rotas are 17x9 et25 and they fit no spacers, what coilovers are they? you got a lot of camber?

Rides
    Yeah, i wasn't trying to steer you down a different route, just thought you might not know about it and the bumpage wouldn't hurt anyway

Rides
    If you want to come to chipping Sodbury tomorrow you're more than welcome to try my wheels.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by anton87 View Post
    ive never put my GTR wheels on the front but im sure people use a 5mm spacer on the front

my rotas are 17x9 et25 and they fit no spacers, what coilovers are they? you got a lot of camber?
    My hsd's were touching the rim on a 9.5 et20. Ended up running a 15mm spacer making et 10
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Thanks for the replies everyone, I do appreciate it.

Anton, they're powered by max coilovers and I'm running little to no camber.

Ian, I'm PM you.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    My hsd's were touching the rim on a 9.5 et20. Ended up running a 15mm spacer making et 10
    doesnt that make it et5? or do you mean wheels are et25

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleyo View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone, I do appreciate it.

Anton, they're powered by max coilovers and I'm running little to no camber.

Ian, I'm PM you.
    you can work it out, right now with the spacers on the GTRs you are making them et10, so in theory as long as you stay below 9" anything et10 will fit. if you go over 9" you just got to space them to account for the extra wheel width

if you fit a 10" et10 wheel you will be 12.7mm (1/2 inch) closer to the coilover than with the current setup (so hitting it in your case) so you will need to space the wheels 15mm, which im sure will make the wheels stick out the arch so then you need more camber or wider arches, someone with better knowledge of wheel fitment will have to confirm that

if my maths is right and i was you i wouldnt put anything bigger than 9.5 on the front that would mean with ET10 you would need 8mm of spacer, so less camber can be run or you can just flare the existing arches

Rides
    To give you some extras to compare. 18" 9.5J et30 with a 15mm spacer clears Apex coilovers with standard alignment specs basically et15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I have some 18" et12 9.5J on the car now you can come and try sometime if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Think you're right anton, just wanted peace of mind over anything.

Yes please if that's okay Jon?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by anton87 View Post
    doesnt that make it et5? or do you mean wheels are et25
    The wheels were et25 but I used a slip on spacer to make et20. Removed the slip on and used a 15mm to make it et10. Sorry for the confusion
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue