Thread: S14A Anti-theft Question

Rides

S14A Anti-theft Question

Hey guys,

At the weekend I asked the other half to grab something from the glovebox of my 14A for me.
    Not realising the key fob unlocks the car she opened the door with the key, subsequently setting off the alarm.
    She panicked, started the car to turn the alarm off, then turned it off again only for the alarm to carry on, at which point she noticed the fob and deactivated it.
    I've gone to go to work yesterday, tried starting the car and now it refuses to start.

It feels like it is on the cusp of starting before something seemingly stops it in it's tracks.
    Battery is fine and there has been no sign of starter motor or alternator failure as far as I could tell.

Is there an engine immobiliser with the NATS system, could she have caused it to activate and is there a procedure to deactivate it?

Any help is massively appreciated!

Rides
    The alarm and immobiliser aren't linked, so most likely a coincidence

Rides
    if it was a NATS problem you would be able to start the car but it would die after a few seconds.

probably flooded it.

Rides
    Agree probably flooded it. Lock car then unlock then hook it up to a battery or running car and crank with throttle wide open until it catches.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Don't forget to unplug the fuel pump fuse whilst cranking to help to de-flood it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk