Thread: Hello...... again

Rides

Hello...... again

Afternoon all,

So Ive been a member since 2005 when i bought my S14a, she was a totally standard, 2 owner vehicle, with a little over 40,000 on the clock. I was an active user of the forum & got a great deal of knowledge & advice from it.

In 2008 i made my 14 a 'summer only' car due to saving for a house & didn't bother to renew my membership.

In 2009 i laid it up totally due to the purchase of a house & forgot about it. although I always felt great comfort knowing it was sat behind my garage door. Yes, looking and acting a little sorry for its self, it gained seized brakes and a misfire that took many weeks & a post on here to solve. (f'ing boost leak).

TBH, there were times that i thought I'd never get it road legal. There were times when i nearly sold it..... many, many times.....

but before the house purchase I vouched that I'd never sell it, and I didn't.

Over the last 8 months I've been slowly refreshing it with what little money I have spare, replacing rubber hosing under the bonnet, brake pipes & brake caliper rebuilds so i could move the thing. Wheels refurbed, 4 new boots. re-wiring the headlights... properly.

I've done silly things like refitted carpets & interior trim pieces, buying new connectors so things fit & don't rattle.

I've ground back my rear arches so they don't scuff on the wheels anymore. All the underside and arches have been cleaned & waxoiled.

I've had the bumpers off & painted behind, touched up some rough spots under the bonnet.

painted the wiper arms, & many other bits that I'm sure will pop into my head once I post this that I've forgotten.

And all in the aid of future proofing it as best as I can & bringing it back to a standard that I am proud of.

I love this car, me & her have been through a lot, frowning parents who pushed me to sell, relationships where they thought the car goes to make way for house deposits, kids & marriage, who couldn't understand the point of it just sitting there wasting away.

well she hasn't wasted away,

she's done 500 miles in 7 years & 100 of those in the last 8 weeks.

she passed an MOT first time back in March with only the brakes & lines needed attention.

On Monday I did 60 miles in her to Cadwell Park as part of a BMW members track day & managed to put 20 laps down across a few hours. I started real slow, the brakes were shit, juddering and pulling, however, the just wanted using...... I persisted on track & brakes freed themselves up & she just got better & better. Tweaks here & there to the boost controller to iron out some surging issues, over boost & spike control issues. She is so neutrally balanced, that the confidence came quickly.

I was gob smacked at how good she was, & after all this time...... we were pecking of the boot lid of more powerful E46 M3's that came regularly.

Needles to say, I am so chuffed to have her working properly again. I hope to do more events like i used to & bring her to some shows & to be apart of the SXOC community.

I am once again, the proud owner of a Kuro S14a, G20BEN.

Ben

Rides
    Welcome back (ish) where in the sunny south are you?
    Dorset and hants section have a few good events coming up and also got japshow on the 8th/9th July if you fancy some quarter mile fun!

Well done for not giving up and getting rid, such a good thing to hear that another s-body has been saved

Any pics?

Rides
    Unsure whether to keep the ambers in, or go back to the clears??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Good job getting it back on the road and not selling it, see it as an investment, values are rocketing. The car looks smart. I'd personally say to leave the ambers in.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Welcome back. Good to see another one back on the road and it looks like a clean one
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    That looks lovely mate. Top work

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Awesome work Ben. Looks fab and to be back on the road must feel great

#teamkuroftw

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Thanks all !!

Yes it feels, well not real right now - well it didnt.

Couldn't tell if she was running great on the road because there's just nowhere to open her up.
    The track day was the turning point where i suppose she 'came alive'.

Quite an emotional moment after all this time. I have to admit, particularly when I threw my mate the keys, I spectated from the paddock & told him to gun it.

Looked mega !!