Thread: S14a won't go over 3000rpm URGENT HELP NEEDED

Rides

S14a won't go over 3000rpm URGENT HELP NEEDED

so I fitted a Horsham stage 1 chip to my mates ecu , changed the jumper over etc and it wouldn't run properly, engine check light on and strange clicking noises when starting it .

So I changed the jumper back to its original position for the factory map.

It starts and idles perfectly, however when driving it's like hitting boost cut only it's not boosting or anything, then it bogs down and stalls unless you blip the throttle. Won't go over 3000rpm it's racking my brain as I did mine on my car with no issues at all.

He does have Nats removal and even the central locking has never worked since he bought it.

PLEASE HELP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Check the jumper you moved again. I've done it before, and my first attempt resulted in what you experienced. My second attempt was much better... So just check your solders again, make sure they're very CLEAN. Obvisouly remove any soldering that is still attached to the first jumpers

Rides
    Ok cool I had a bit of a nightmare as my soldering iron end fell apart so had to use my 100w and the end is massive

Rides
    Ok so still had issues but then I checked the Horsham side on the daughter board and found the ribbon cables had snapped on some of the connections, just waiting now for it to be refitted and see if it works

Rides
    Right it's still in limp mode all solders are bang on and continuity tested all the joints on the ribbon cable all is fine .

So any ideas anyone ??