Thread: Air bag light

Rides

Air bag light

Got an s15 imported and when it arrived the air bag light was on steady. Checked connections etc until I noticed the airbag fuse had been removed from drivers footwell so I replaced it. Once it was replaced the airbag light started flashing constantly and I can't seem to get it fixed. Tried the sequence of ignition on, pressing drivers door button etc and it won't go into diagnostic mode, just keeps constantly flashing. Have changed the door switch, checked everything is plugged in at the module, steering wheel and passenger air bag and everything looks as it should and untouched, have also checked connections under both seats but it hasn't changed. Anybody have any ideas on what else it could be before I go and buy a consult lead. If it makes any difference the car was originally an auto spec s and converted to 5 speed turbo but surely the airbag system has its own loom?

Rides
    Had nightmare trying to figure out my airbag light, same as you fuse was removed, replaced fuse took 5maybe 6attempts to get the airbag light to reset so maybe keep trying,
    If you look into it there is a way of entering diagnostic mode for the airbag

Taken from Another site :

If you currently turn it to on the airbag light will flash on and off etc right?
    So turn your ignition to on and press the grommet 5 times before you ignition has been on for 7 seconds (even try 6 to make sure)
    then the airbag light should start flashing differently to normal. Each different sequence means a different fault code has been registered. They are described in the manual.
    Hopefully the fault code was a one off and will be cleared the next time you start the car.

Rides
    The problem I'm having is no matter how many times I do that sequence it just seems to keep flashing in the same rhythm, no longer or shorter flashes or pauses, just a constant flashing so it won't actually go into the diagnostic mode. Getting the lend of a scanner and consult lead this week so will hopefully make some progress.