Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S13 ca18det boost creep and boost loss depending on temperature

Rides
    Yea alot of people run that chip on exactly the same spec without issue.

Have you fitted a Walbro fuel pump (or equivalent)?
    If you're running the stock fuel pump it doesn't matter what chip you use, the stock pump is rubbish and can't provide enough fuel.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Yea alot of people run that chip on exactly the same spec without issue.

Have you fitted a Walbro fuel pump (or equivalent)?
    If you're running the stock fuel pump it doesn't matter what chip you use, the stock pump is rubbish and can't provide enough fuel.
    Im afraid that it is a stock pump. Should i get like Walbro 255 or something? Do I need something else with an upgraded pump? Yeah I've heard that you shouldn't raise boost pressure before upgrading the pump..

Im still trying to fix the last owners hack shit. It was crushed from the front, the whole front was crooked. It had stock ecu, no gauges and it was fuelcutting like hell when I got the front fixed.

Rides
    Yea Walbro 255, that might be why you have high AFR, the pump just can't supply fuel, your Z-Power chip might be ok.

Some people like to hardwire the pump, to ensure it has good electrical supply, you can also fit a larger Z32 fuel filter if you fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by fin s13 View Post
    Yeah I've heard that you shouldn't raise boost pressure before upgrading the pump..
    You should not raise boost pressure before upgrading the pump, it can seriously damage the engine.

Rides
    Get a walbro 255 & Horsham Developments stg 1 chip.

I'm running 14psi (0.95 bar) on a t25 with walbro 255, fmic, intake & exhaust and the car is an absolute joy to drive.

I haven't got an afr gauge but hdevs chips have good rep so I trust them, but I will get an afr gauge just in case.