Thread: New S13 owner

Rides

New S13 owner

Hey everybody, just joined the forum, but have been a long time lurker.
    Bought a white 1991 eudm S13 with abs, lsd and full leather as standard.
    Ive had my S13 for over a year now, hasnt seen one little bit of road since I got it. Just being anal and trying to fix every little thing i see wrong with it, so i dont have to worry about it going bang for a while.
    Its a piece of crap but I love it and I know it from top to bottom now.

Here are some pics from when I started to take it apart and fix all the wiring in the car.
    Ecu harness was all chopped up with twist and tape, Im sure there was chewing gum holding it together aswell.
    Same with the interior fuse box, which had made love with the aftermarket alarm system and spawned several little gremlins in the circuit.
    Fixed all the cardboard screws that keep the interior from falling apart.
    Overall a nice a looong restoration.
    I shall not call it a project car, I shall call this a test of patience and virtue.

Rides
    Welcome dude!

Stick with it and you'll be loving life once it's on the road being used. Engine bay is looking good, what turbo is that?

Rides
    Well I hope its finished during this summer.

Its a china spec T28, it came on the car with this home made top mount manifold. Ive heard alot of horror stories about these chep spec turbos, so i should be replacing it with something more reliable.
    Currently im sorting out the fuel pump, its a brand new walbro, installed it a couple of months ago, it primed and worked.
    a week ago it primed, the engine cranked started then just died, then the pump would prime anymore. Although the engine still cranks, all fuses, relay and wiring check out ok. Just cant figure it out