Thread: Rough idle

Rides

Rough idle

Been having problems with idling. Didn't really notice problems when driving. Just on tick over.
    I've changed plugs and cleaned the z32 maf. Not much difference. Pulled out the injectors, got them cleaned, put them back in with new seals and a fuel filter yesterday. Ran great. Wasnt lumpy on tick over anymore. Did a couple of miles. Gave it full revs. Ran really rough. Like a faulty spark plug. Switched off. Played with all the electric connection I pulled when getting the injectors out. (Didn't feel anyone of them clicked back in place). Was difficult to start, but ran a little better. Had to drive about 40 miles last night. Taking it easy. Gave it full boost again today and now running as rough as last night.
    Any ideas? 😭😭😭

Rides
    Could the difference be that it idles fine when cold, crap when warm? If so, this might help diagnose the fault (though mine has these symptoms and i haven't yet been able to rectify it...).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Don't think so. Before cleaning the injectors, it was always lumpy on tick over. Cold or hot.

Rides
    I did notice one of the negative wires that screws to the top of the inlet manifold was broke. The one at the back with two black wires (there's two bolted with a 10mm bolts) could see where it broke away from

Rides
    If it's a hot and cold thong I will be watching with interest as mine idles fine until fully warm. But mine doesn't come on but as it should once the idle starts to play up either. Does your boost Ok?

Rides
    Before the injectors, yeah boosted well. But I've only have this really rough running since yesterday. Before it was only on tick over there was a problem

Rides
    Have you checked your coil packs ?? They can cause issues when they get warm or if completely ****ed they don't work properly at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Lol just in from changing coils. If anything ran worst. Splittering from about 4k rpm

Rides
    I don't think my problem is to do with hot or cold.

Rides
    Have you changed the fuel filter recently? And does it have a walbro?

Rides
    Yeah changed filter yesterday. And yeah walbro in there

Rides

Rough idle

If it ran even worse after messing around with the coils I would suggest checking
    1) wires to the coil packs
    2) check your spark plugs are ok. they can snap on the ceramic insulators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    That's strange how yours ran worse after new coils fitted I fitted a second hand pair a day ago ran mint after 3 hours being left alone jumped in and it was spitting at 4k like the limiter had moved very change mate

Rides
    Well think it's fixed. Changed to the first set of coils. Repaired one negative wire that bolts to the inlet manifold and new spark plugs. It hasn't missed yet. Fingers crossed it's done lol. Thanks for the replies ��

Rides
    Right it's being a pain to start when cold. I need to press the accelerator to get it going. Just having a quick read on the net. Do reckon the injectors could be leaking? Don't smell fuel. And runs ok when started

Oh I did pit new o rings on the injectors. But couldn't use the filter that came in the pack