Thread: Urgent help please- s13 hubs

Rides
    What suppliers would you recommend?

Rides
    Nice one. As good as ordered mate

Rides
    I got two from Rockauto for £42 delivered
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mo...ll+joint,10070
    I'd recommend getting a puller/press/vice to get it off and the new one in. I used a sledge hammer and impact socket to hold the ball upright whilst I smacked it then a large socket in a vice to press the new one in. Pita compared to having the right tools lol. Enjoy

Rides
    Little update for you :-)
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmPUpA3SELtquh-t5YAZSeK_u9Xf

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmPUpA3SELtquh2z1h7ltZOY0nFv

So made up with the look and there the only wheels that i found anywhere that i love the look of, however whrn i dropped the car off at the spray shop they said the alloys stick out to far and it would fail an probably fail the mot without wider wings :-( . When i ordered the wheels that was the original plan but i can't bring myself to start cutting up such a clean s13 so the wheels will have to go :-( gutted. Thanks again for all your help guys , it's so nice to be able to have a crack at things myself and know that help is at hand in the moment of need

Rides
    Just get different tyres with a little of stretch and stiffen up the dampers. As long as the tyre tread doesnt protrude from the arch its not a fail.

Rides
    Youd probably get away with a slight flare using an arch roller to roll the lip and flare slightly but dont go too far s13 arches crease

Rides
    Wanted to steer clear of the arch roll tbh and the tyres already have a small stretch. I hqve heard that walton motorsport are getting some narrower wheels the same design comimg in soon so hopefully they will work. Fingers crossed but I'll update the thread

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dotzero View Post
    thanks for help guys, one more question though. if I am fitting the 5 stud s14 hubs then if I do decide to buy new lower arms from driftworks which ones do I need? just thinking it needs to fit the s13 body but obviously also fit to the s14 hub, so does that mean that I would still need the s14 ball joint or o i need to buy an s14 lower arm????
    Just a quick one, did you get 2 big washers with your hubs to pull the bearings up with as s14 hubs need them or are they 14a hubs ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Oh. I knew nothing about washers i wasn't supplied any and don't know what model it was off but can check. So far i have only fit the rears and that seems to all be working fine. However when i fit the the ball joints the fronts will obviously need doing properly so will investigate and post back. Thankyou gor the heads up

Rides
    Sorry for the late revival of this thread but i used the driftworks ball joints and they have been fitted for a fair few months now but the hubs have started making a clanking noise! Took it in to the garage and they said the ball joints are completely knackered. They clarified that there was nothing wrong with the fitting but both are shit to bits. Any ideas what could have gone wrong or is the washer scenario mentioned above needed as i couldn't fimd any more info on that. Cheers