Thread: Car Storage/Garages/Ideas in Scotland

Rides

Car Storage/Garages/Ideas in Scotland

Thinking of taking my 335i off the road during the winter. 1) to keep the miles down and it off salty roads and 2) because I kinda really enjoy buying and driving old bangers.

The 200 is taking up my garage space so wondering if anyone had suggestions as to storage facilities or some novel ideas I perhaps haven't thought of to keep the car out of the elements.

The cheapest I've found is Abra Storage East Kilbride which is around £60PM if bought in bulk.

Rides
    Tried your local estate agents? Different part of the world but we've just secured 2 garages in 2 desperate gated sites for about £65 month each

Rides
    I rent a garage for £11 from the council - might be worth a look in your area
    Last edited by sx rider; 08-08-2017 at 13:50.

Rides
    My housing assoc garage is £39/month. Garage is about 2 miles from my house in a reasonable area, just 10 housing assoc semi's 1/2 of which are now private with garages on back garden and everything private is detached or chalet style semis.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Tried your local estate agents? Different part of the world but we've just secured 2 garages in 2 desperate gated sites for about £65 month each
    Did this and got one! Right outside my block of flats so thanks! Didn't think to ask estate agents.

Now. My next question. Does a battery powered trickle charger exist? The lock up has no power

Rides
    ive not seen a battery powered battery charger before.
    if the cigarette lighter socket is permanent live you could get one of those 'jump packs' that plug into it and use that to 'top up' the battery every now and again.

most solar power chargers from maplins etc.. are a waste of time.