Clifford car alarm and immobiliser
    Spare key
    HKS engine shut-off timer
    Newly fitted limited-slip differential
    Clean interior
    Has spent last two years parked in a covered multi-story
    EXTENSIVE structural welding, very solid shell
    All work performed by Garage D

Some minor scuffs and bumps on the bodywork, including a dented front bumper and a scratched rear left arch, as pictured. Driver's seat is comfortable but old, and the left window leaks slightly when in the car wash (but not during rain). Headlights work but can sometimes be temperamental, suspect wiring issues. Wheels extremely curbed, entirely my fault.

I bought this car about four years ago with the mind of keeping it for the long term, I invested a lot of time and money into it, I drove it carefully, it's never been crashed, and in the time I've owned it it's not been tracked or drifted.
    I am now selling all my possessions in order to raise funds to move to Tokyo, no longer having any fixed address in the UK, and would like to see this car go to a loving home.
    In the time I've owned this car I have had all work performed solely by Garage D, including dropping several grand into it purely on welding.
    no agencies, please

Much appreciated, Lewis

Last edited by switch; 19-03-2018 at 13:06.

Rides
    pmd

Rides
    Pm’d

Rides
    Dropping the price to 4g.
    Can't go any lower than that. Considering all that really needs to be done is replacing the turbo (which I've already done once, so everything's nice and loose for ya) someone's going to get a good deal with this car.
    All I want to do is get out of this country as soon as possible, so if anyone's interested in a good deal message me.

Rides
    Hey guys, new year new wheels.
    I've got this thing back running and on the road, no problems. No need for a trailer or anything like that anymore, you can drive her home today.
    Asking price £6,000. I will be sending a PM back to everyone who's shown interest.

Many thanks, I hope you've all had a good new year, drive safe in the wet and snow!

Rides
    So the selling price was £4k, and now you've put another turbo on it its now £6k?...

Rides
    4k as it wasn't running and required a trailer to move, now it's running and can be driven home yourself, yes I'm asking for more money.
    What's the confusion?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by switch View Post
    Dropping the price to 4g.
    Can't go any lower than that. Considering all that really needs to be done is replacing the turbo (which I've already done once, so everything's nice and loose for ya) someone's going to get a good deal with this car.
    All I want to do is get out of this country as soon as possible, so if anyone's interested in a good deal message me.
    "considering all that really needs to be done is replacing the turbo" - asking for £2k more just for replacing the turbo?.... that's what will not wash with people...

Rides
    Bro I think you need to consider it the other way around, I was originally offering it for 2k less than I'd like because of the inconvenience of someone having to pick it up with a trailer, I was willing to take that loss on myself. But now that I've fixed it up and got it running that's obviously not the case anymore, you lost out on that deal.
    If you think it's such a bad deal then make me an offer, or are you not actually interested and just sticking your oar in?

Rides
    yeah but what im saying is, it was a £4k car... that you've put a £500 turbo on, so really, its a £4.5k car... so the additional £1500 is for what?

for £4k il have it.

Rides
    Yeah I get what you're saying mate, and what I'm saying is that it is a 6k car that I was offering for 4k due to the inconvenience and my desire for quick cash, I really didn't think that point would be so unclear. I think you're also forgetting how private sales work, bartering is always involved and people rarely get the asking price.

Either way, I've got a car here that's going to make someone very happy, and someone out there in the world has some money that's going to make me very happy, I'd like to think that together we can work as a team and spread a little more joy to the world, and in that pursuit I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Rides

Rides
    Got it up on Autotrader and the like, dropping the price again, £4999 or nearest offer.

Rides
    Hi mate, have you got any pics of the rust which was repaired? Or any pics of underneath please..cheers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Hey buddy, sorry I didn't reply earlier, I've been trying to figure out how to sort you out. I didn't take any pictures of it when it was done, I should've when it was all clean and on the lift, and I don't think jacking it up and taking pics myself will really illuminate much, I tried taking photos of stuff when I was ****ing about with the turbo and I couldn't make out a damn thing. I had a look through the papers I've got hoping I'd have the receipts from Garage D, I got the work done before I moved up north and literally cleaned out my bank account for the privilege, but like a fool I didn't put the receipts with the rest of my car stuff.
    As much as my word is worth to you, all I can tell you is that I remember there was a huge long patch they welded than ran parallel to the sill along the underside of the car, and there was a big hole that ran from the bottom of one of the wheel arches right up to the top. The guy who did it told me that it was big enough that a cat could've just climbed up inside it. That was the main thing that really invested me in this car with the intention of keeping it for as long as possible, the fact I dropped so much money in getting the bodywork welded.
    Sorry I can't provide more than excuses and stories, or any expertise on the matter. All I can say is that if you see it for yourself I have faith in Garage D's work.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by switch View Post
    Hey buddy, sorry I didn't reply earlier, I've been trying to figure out how to sort you out. I didn't take any pictures of it when it was done, I should've when it was all clean and on the lift, and I don't think jacking it up and taking pics myself will really illuminate much, I tried taking photos of stuff when I was ****ing about with the turbo and I couldn't make out a damn thing. I had a look through the papers I've got hoping I'd have the receipts from Garage D, I got the work done before I moved up north and literally cleaned out my bank account for the privilege, but like a fool I didn't put the receipts with the rest of my car stuff.
    As much as my word is worth to you, all I can tell you is that I remember there was a huge long patch they welded than ran parallel to the sill along the underside of the car, and there was a big hole that ran from the bottom of one of the wheel arches right up to the top. The guy who did it told me that it was big enough that a cat could've just climbed up inside it. That was the main thing that really invested me in this car with the intention of keeping it for as long as possible, the fact I dropped so much money in getting the bodywork welded.
    Sorry I can't provide more than excuses and stories, or any expertise on the matter. All I can say is that if you see it for yourself I have faith in Garage D's work.
    Hmm if you could get some pics of the underneath it'd help. Just saw it hasn't got an mot..would you mot it? I wouldn't want to come all that way to see it and needed bits for the mot. Cheers, Dave

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Car is now sold.
    Thank you very much for allowing me to ever so briefly be a part of your community. Since before I even had a drivers licence I wanted to own a Nissan 200sx, and despite it being a total money pit (I was warned) I'm glad I managed to achieve that dream.
    Now I'm going to use the money from the sale of this car to move to Tokyo and achieve another dream. Much love to you all, drive safe.