Thread: Long s13 project won't start

Rides

Long s13 project won't start

So, I brought an s13 back in April last year practically standard just coilovers welded diff some crappy wheels, and a custom dent in the rear passenger quarter panel. Driving nicely for a few months, started collecting a few modification parts etc do a few slides. Then had either a bearing or diff go was mega clunking.
    Anyway that started the mods and bodywork etc that I was gonna do to it and has been off the road for over a year. Done all my stage 3 mods turbo, 444cc injectors maf sensor sent ecu off with a Horsham chip I got to Horsham and got them to fit it. Got ecu back fitted it tried to start it and would crank but not turn over.
    Idk if it's the ecu or not how do I test it. The engine wasn't started for a long time between removing the ecu and sending it off so don't know when the problem started as was many things done and time passed since last starting it. I'm thinking it's not sparking.
    Any and all help appreciated cheers guys

Rides
    Does it start with maf unplugged?

Rides
    Crank and turn over are the same thing. "Fire up" is I think the term you mean.

Check for fuel.

Take fuel pump fuse out.
    Remove coil packs, push plugs in them and earth the plug bodies.
    Remove CAS (or plug a spare in) and spin it by hand with ignition on.
    You should see sparks and hear injectors tick, get a rod/bar/screwdriver to press against injector body and other end against ear.

Rides
    See if you can pull ECU fault codes, might give an indication if one of the sensors is not working.

Stage 3 needs the Z32 MAF, which means you've gotta wire in a new plug - did you double check all the wires are correct?

Rides
    Cheers for replys guys,
    Yes crank and turn over the same, indeed meant it doesn't fire up.
    Disconnected the fuel return line, primed pump and filled up can quick and a decent amount
    Did briefly try to check the Sparks on the plugs but cranking it and grounding it and sing fo sparks by myself bit difficult.
    But couldn't see any sparks.
    Haven't tried with maf unplugged, pretty sure is wired correctly as double checked a fair few times when I done it.
    Did do an ecu code check came up with 55 or what ever the no fault one was.
    Will check CAS then, just remove leaving plugged in and spin?
    Thanks again really want to get back into working on the nissan as I lost enthusiasm in it other the past few months.
    Still I'm back now ready to go

Rides
    Im going on maf or maf wiring

Rides
    It's usually what you messed with last.