Thread: Missing my S15 so thought i'd throw up a few pictures......

Rides

Missing my S15 so thought i'd throw up a few pictures......

I've had a absolute mare of a time with this car recently....finally thought I'd get it back on the road after Chris at Bigbearkustoms worked his magic (guys a wizard with bodywork and a true gentleman. Genuinely feel privileged that I was lucky enough to have him carry out the work.) The ECU promptly shit itself and now it's sitting in Garage-D awaiting a link G4+

Thought I'd throw a few pictures up whilst I was flicking through them....

Full album on the BigbearKustoms Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BigBearK...58972891167247

Few of the work Chris did and some of her as she stands now..

Before:

During:

After:

Unfortunately she left Chris like this..............

Fingers crossed she's home by the end of the month.....

NB. During pictures don't emphasise the amount of work Chris had to do to get it to this state.
    Last edited by shifty babe; 07-09-2017 at 06:50.

Rides
    Very nice! Quite a transformation. Need to get my car licked over as the destruction derby look is so last year. Might have to give these guys a shout.

Rides
    looks great!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Great looking car
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    That is stunning

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    you do know you made a certain other Essex member quite upset about your choice in colour ...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    you do know you made a certain other Essex member quite upset about your choice in colour ...
    Lol !

Looking good. It's got the show, it just needs more go now !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Hey thanks Kim
    God I hadn't looked back at the original pics for ages ha ha was a very long journey
    Glad you are happy with it though , what's the hold up at garage d ? I thought it would be nearly done ready to have fun by now ? Hopefully before the BBQ at the end of the month ? Fingers crossed you can be out enjoying her again soon thanks again for letting me loose on the bodywork purple was definitely the right choice

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Rides
    Was the battery disconnected when the welding was done?

Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Was the battery disconnected when the welding was done?
    Battery wasn't even in the car when welding it was on charge as I thought it may have been a battery issue initially ,the running issues started before I even properly worked on the car after a few weeks of pulling the it in and out of the shop and just mocking up the kit

Last edited by pegliobagli; 08-09-2017 at 20:39.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pegliobagli View Post
    Battery wasn't even in the car when welding it was on charge as I thought it may have been a battery issue initially ,the running issues started before I even properly worked on the car after a few weeks of pulling the it in and out of the shop and just mocking up the kit

Ok big bear. No offence meant just a question.

Rides

Ok big bear. No offence meant just a question.
    None taken buddy was just explaining the situation a bit more ! Didn't mean to come across as offended . Was just very odd tbh went to start the car one morning the lights on the dash came on but when the key was turned it made a noise like shorting all the lights went out and nothing happened : leave the car for 5-10 mins and the lights would come back on but same again when turning the key . Thought the battery may have needed a charge so removed it and cracked on with the car . After all the work was done it did start but it was running really rough/ lumpy and over fuelling very badly . Tried changing plugs and cleaning the maf etc which helped but reverted back to how it was running initially .

Rides
    None taken buddy was just explaining the situation a bit more ! Didn't mean to come across as offended . Was just very odd tbh went to start the car one morning the lights on the dash came on but when the key was turned it made a noise like shorting all the lights went out and nothing happened : leave the car for 5-10 mins and the lights would come back on but same again when turning the key . When it did start it was running really rough/ lumpy and over fuelling very badly . Tried changing plugs and cleaning the maf etc which helped but reverted back to how it was running initially .

Is it the stock ECU?

Rides
    Is it the stock ECU?
    Power fc bud :

Rides
    Power fc bud :

Unheard of but I wonder if it's lost it's settings from being unplugged. Might need a remap.

Rides
    Unheard of but I wonder if it's lost it's settings from being unplugged. Might need a remap.
    I honestly have no idea . I have never heard of an Ecu losing its map before just because it's been sitting around for a while ! Very odd situation and was the last thing we expected it to be tbh

Rides
    Were not to sure what's caused the PowerFC to go. It's reading all 0's now in place of the map. Martin at MB (originally mapped the car) thought it may have locked itself but without seeing it couldn't be sure.

I've left it with Garage-D as I don't have access to a trailer so couldn't get it to Martin. Instead it will be mapped by Greg at ProTuner this time round.

I heard from Daragh at Garage-D today. The manifolds finally arrived which means they can start work on fitting the cams/mani and ECU then we can get it booked in for mapping. When I last spoke to Greg he was fully booked for a fair few weeks though so I don't think it will be ready by the end of September

Rides
    Over the last 2 years the battery has consistently gone flat. It has a tiny battery in there and I've not really driven it a great deal so it constantly looses charge. Before I dropped it to Chris it was running badly but a set of plugs seemed to have 'solved' it. I wonder if it's just gone flat one time to often and wiped the unit.

may invest in a trickle charger for the car next!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty babe View Post
    Were not to sure what's caused the PowerFC to go. It's reading all 0's now in place of the map. Martin at MB (originally mapped the car) thought it may have locked itself but without seeing it couldn't be sure.

I've left it with Garage-D as I don't have access to a trailer so couldn't get it to Martin. Instead it will be mapped by Greg at ProTuner this time round.

I heard from Daragh at Garage-D today. The manifolds finally arrived which means they can start work on fitting the cams/mani and ECU then we can get it booked in for mapping. When I last spoke to Greg he was fully booked for a fair few weeks though so I don't think it will be ready by the end of September
    Ah that's rubbish ! So does it look like you will miss the events you wanted to get to now then?
    At least it's on the road to being sorted and will be back better than ever !

Rides
    Car is absolutely stunning!
    I hope you get her back real soon !