Thread: Help with sourcing a engine

Rides

Help with sourcing a engine

Hi guys, I need some help.
    I'm trying to find a engine for my s13 and am looking for recommendations on a good shop to buy it from / anyone know of someone selling a clean one. I've spent the past 3 months and probably more money than I spent on the whole car trying to get my ca18det running and am just finding problem after problem and have given up and as my original intention was to engine swap it I'm going to fast forward the process. I would like to keep it Nissan so have thought either rb25 or sr20 are the clear options.
    Thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Rides
    What makes you think and RB or SR engine won't give you just as many problems if not more?

CA's aren't massively hard to get going, can't be that much wrong with it surely?

Rides
    Pm me i can give you contact details of a friend who breaks skylines and s-bodys and they currently have 2 rb25's if that is what you are after!!

Rides
    what issues are you having ?

Rides
    Don't get me wrong I don't think a SR or RB will be any less of a headache but judging from the chunks of metal I was pulling out of the oil pan I think the CA might be well and truly dead this time and if I am going to replace it it might aswell be with the engine I wanted in the car in the first place

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo View Post
    what issues are you having ?
    Well the car was sat for a long time before I bought it and had loads of boost and oil leaks (I fixed those as I found them), it also had it's electrics completely butched at some point in its life (so I replaced and fixed all of with a new loom and a bit of banging my head against a wall) and now I started it on the weekend only to hear a really loud crunch followed by smoke followed by it spilling it's guts all over my garage floor

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Pm me i can give you contact details of a friend who breaks skylines and s-bodys and they currently have 2 rb25's if that is what you are after!!
    Thankyou! I'll send a pm when I get home

Rides
    jdm garage are in devon. they normally have engines etc.. on the shelf

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ejrocks400 View Post
    Well the car was sat for a long time before I bought it and had loads of boost and oil leaks (I fixed those as I found them), it also had it's electrics completely butched at some point in its life (so I replaced and fixed all of with a new loom and a bit of banging my head against a wall) and now I started it on the weekend only to hear a really loud crunch followed by smoke followed by it spilling it's guts all over my garage floor

Ok have you got a conrod sticking out of the block? If not where did the oil come from.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo View Post
    Ok have you got a conrod sticking out of the block? If not where did the oil come from.
    Well to me it looks like something shot through the sump as that has a big crack on it now (big enough to get 2 fingers in) and that was where the chunks of metal were coming from but to be fair there was oil everywhere so might have missed something. I need to inspect it properly this weekend but as I have limited mechanical knowledge it takes a bit longer than it should

Rides
    Thats about as good a reason for wanting a new engine as you're gunna get tbh.

Hope the next one isn't as bad!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Thats about as good a reason for wanting a new engine as you're gunna get tbh.

Hope the next one isn't as bad!
    Yeah I was on the verge of a break down on Sunday evening but on the plus side I've just sold my BMW so I've got a bit of spare money burning a hole in my pocket so we will see what happens