Thread: Mild power ecu options

Rides

Mild power ecu options

Hey fellas. I've planned on getting nistune for my car but am now wondering if there's any 'real world' benefit to going standalone like a link G4.

I have a 180SX with the straight cam black top and am only looking for 320-350bhp.

So far I have:
    Stainless manifold
    3" turbo back system
    Apexi Turbo
    HKS fmic
    HKS evc6
    Z32 maf (not yet fitted)

And I've still to purchase

720cc injectors
    Walbro pump

With what I have, will the nistune be sufficient or will there be a huge leap by spending the extra on a link? It's a road car and I have no need for launch control or built in boost control that the link offers.

Opinions please, SR gurus

Thanks.

Ross

Rides
    if you don't plan on chasing numbers then the nistune sounds like a solid option.

Rides
    If your going down the Nistune route, sell your z32 MAF for £120 and buy my better z33 MAF for £60

Rides
    Nistune or power fc. I'll have a power fc and some 850cc injectors up for sale soon too if you're interested.

Also, as said, just get a z33/r35 maf and Hudson speed shop selling the intake/adaptor for them

Rides
    It'll be hudsons that I take it to regardless. I'll probably stick with the z32 as I already have it here unless there's much to be gained on an R35.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll stick to the nistune plan I think

Rides
    With a Z32 you are using a critical sensor that is 20 years old, a used Z33 isn't so old. Last time I checked a replacement new Z33 sensor without housing was reasonable money, new Z32 is not.
    The newer slot style Z33 sensor is less effected by intake pipe swirl (relevant for top mount turbo's) and also less effected by running no BOV during high speed on/off throttle.
    Z32 is good to read up to about 550hp but is in a sealed housing, the housing isn't ideal for blow through.
    Z33 is good for up to about 440hp but is in a removable housing, which is handy if you need to put it in a larger housing (440hp>) or if you want to run it blow though, which I guess is what Hudsons housings are for.

So what's to be gained? Less likely to have problems due to a newer and better design and less effected by Pigeons.
    If you wanna stick with Z32 out of convenience then fair enough really.

I recently went from Nistune to Link G4+ (hence selling the Z33), tbh for a budget and simple solution Nistune is fine.

ps Somebody buy my Z33 MAF

http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?5...ail&highlight=
    Last edited by immy21; 20-09-2017 at 08:44.

Rides
    Good points Immy ����