Thread: S13 5 hub conversion s14 shims, where to get them?

Rides

S13 5 hub conversion s14 shims, where to get them?

Hi all, just put s14 hubs on the front of my s13 and need to order some shims for the bolts that connect my coilovers as i understand that the s13 bolts will be loose and i don't really want to drill the coils. Question is, where i the best uk based shop that i can get them quickly;-)? Cheers

Rides
    use copper pipe from a plumber/ DIY shop

Rides
    Sounds good to me although is there any chance of copper being a bit on the soft side oe this a common fix for this issue :-)

Rides
    I'm not digging the copper pipe idea, just drill the holes 2 mm bigger (14mm) and use s14 bolts
    the upper hole can be slotted for camber adjustment and/or tyre to coil over clearance

Rides
    That also means OP will need S14 coilovers at the front, no? Or also drill out his front coilovers...
    I'd say use steel tubes and cut to size.... They even use those on brakes, so should be fine for coilovers.

Rides
    I would prefer making shims/sleeves for the bolts as I'm not interested in adjusting the camber or drilling out the coils tbh. They are hsd monopros anyway so they have camber adjust. So basically copper is perhaps not ideal but steel tube cut to suit kength is what i want?

Rides
    It's not gunna make any difference you could make it from plastic as once the bolts are torqued they won't move around as it's the clamping force that holds them still not so much the fit

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
    That also means OP will need S14 coilovers at the front, no? Or also drill out his front coilovers...
    I'd say use steel tubes and cut to size.... They even use those on brakes, so should be fine for coilovers.
    he is using the s14 upright/hub/knuckle with 14mm holes so just drill the coil over brackets to 14mm and use the 14mm s14 bolts was what I meant

Rides
    I went to B&Q and bought some 14mm steel tube, chopped into 30mm lengths and tapped them into place.
    This seemed like the best solution as I didn't have s14 bolts

Rides
    Awsome thanks for your help guys. Steel tube is the weapon of choice for me, seems to make the most sense. Cheers

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dotzero View Post
    Awsome thanks for your help guys. Steel tube is the weapon of choice for me, seems to make the most sense. Cheers
    that reads as a better idea than using copper

Rides
    One other quick question, the cable that goes through the inner arch of the car from the brakes has a different connection than the s13 (obviously because the hub is from the s14) is this just for the abs? If it is then my abs is knackered anyway so don't need to rewire or connect it? Cheers guys

Rides
    that reads as its the abs sensor wire in the 14 knuckle/hub/upright so cut it off imo,
    delete the abs like get rid of the module to free up some engine bay room,you will be glad you did if the turbo/manifold needs to come off
    the pedal will feel better with the module missing and easier to bleed the system of air and the brakes still work if you go backwards fast,
    like pull a 180 spin coming off a roundabout and the pedal will sink away and the brakes don't work hardly

Rides
    I have rewired the s13 connectors on to the s14 abs wires now however i would like to delete the abs though so i will read up on a fitment guide and make that my next project :-) I'm learning slowly

Rides
    Abs is required to work for MOT so don't get caught out. You need to do a full delete or have a very friendly MOT man. Copper would have been fine btw. As said it's only to stop them flexing and copper is a lot less flexible than air.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    I'm assuminh that a full delete is - abs unit out and replaced with braided hoses? I will look for a guide when the time comes as well though. I did try the copper as a temp fix but it didn't fit (the bolt fitted in the tube nice and snug but the tube didn't fit the hub! No worries though as I'm phoning nissan tomorrow to order the s14 bolts. Thanks again for everybody helping me out:-)

Rides
    full delete is module gone and can use a kit with braided lines,or can make up copper lines and use a three way connector block from a nissan serena
    or any m10x1 threaded block to link and split the lines, afaik if it's all gone and the bulbs pulled from the clocks/tap over 'abs' it's an advisory at worst
    just to cover their ar$e that it's missing and they spot it's missing ,and not all 13's had abs,, grey area I don't have trouble with

nissan may want silly money for them bolts as I doubt many have bought them in the past,try someone breaking a 14 for a cheaper option
    curious how much they quote now,,a guess of over 10 squids a bolt and the nut is another 4 sobs plus VAT
    and 2 months for the slow boat from japan to trundle across and then they get lost somewhere in europe

Rides
    Thanks very much, doesn't sound to bad to me and i work next to a garage that mots my car so hopefully they will overlook it ;-)

Rides
    Hi Adam, your inbox is full so can't message you!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dotzero View Post
    Thanks very much, doesn't sound to bad to me and i work next to a garage that mots my car so hopefully they will overlook it ;-)
    MOT has changed this year. Knacked knocking rear arm bushes on my mates Festa have failed this year but had gone though 2 MOTs before. It's not like the arm is going to fall off.