Thread: Sr20vet conversion queries??

Rides

Sr20vet conversion queries??

Hi everyone i need a knowledge on sr20vet...
    Because i was thinking to change to sr20vet from sr20det other than mazworx conversion kit i am not knowledgeable to sr20vet. Checked many forums regarding vet but not satisfied on my queries... and yes i am trying to swap p12 primera sr20ve head if x-trail sr20vet head has more potential then definitely change my mind well my questions are

1, can i use same sr20det wiring ,sr20det power fc and cam angle sensor
    2, are p11 head and p12 are same (i mean there rocker cover are interchangeable)
    3,exaust manifold will be same of sr20det
    4,xtrail sr20vet is good or primera sr20ve is good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    no the cam angle sensor wont work you need the p12

yes the cam cover are interchangable

exhaust will work but not ideal, the bolt holes are in slightly different positions, (you can slot them to make it work but the det manifold will obstruct the port a bit if not.

better off with the xtrail one...if you can find any. VERY rare

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jj205mi16 View Post
    no the cam angle sensor wont work you need the p12

yes the cam cover are interchangable

exhaust will work but not ideal, the bolt holes are in slightly different positions, (you can slot them to make it work but the det manifold will obstruct the port a bit if not.

better off with the xtrail one...if you can find any. VERY rare
    What about the wiring and ecu?

Rides
    how will the DET ecu control the twin VVT on the VET head?

Rides
    If you have an s14, you can use the VTC to control the solenoids, obviously you'll only be able to switch both cams on at the same time. If you still want to switch them individually, you need an rpm switch (greddy, apexi, msd).
    Any ecu for the SR will do the trick, in this case S14 ecu to control vtc.

As for wiring, you'll need to switch the cas wiring to the back and add a set of wires in case you want to switch cams individually. If you have a non vtc sr, you'll need to add wiring to the solenoids.
    P11 head is already great, P12 is marginally better but you'll need deep pockets...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
    If you have an s14, you can use the VTC to control the solenoids, obviously you'll only be able to switch both cams on at the same time. If you still want to switch them individually, you need an rpm switch (greddy, apexi, msd).
    Any ecu for the SR will do the trick, in this case S14 ecu to control vtc.

As for wiring, you'll need to switch the cas wiring to the back and add a set of wires in case you want to switch cams individually. If you have a non vtc sr, you'll need to add wiring to the solenoids.
    P11 head is already great, P12 is marginally better but you'll need deep pockets...
    Thanks for that . I am actually on s15 . So that would be helpfull i guess s14 and s15 sr20det are almost same other than Coilspack. And one thing if i am deleting cas as recommended by mazwork by hall sensor kit so that would be no problem to run the engine on power fc i guess?

Rides
    PowerFC doesn't read hall sensors, nor does any of the oem ecu based ecu's that use daughterboards... You'll need a more expensive one (haltech, link, motec, etc) or a mega squirt

In case of s14/s15, you'll probably have to lengthen the vtc wiring also. S15/P12 coil packs fit in the P12 cover, so that helps simplifying the conversion

Rides
    Be careful of looking for X-Trail engine, it is exactly the same as P12 head which is good except that is only has VVL on the intake side, which is bad! But can be converted using valvetrain bits from P11 or P12 SR16VE, SR20VE or the "20V" P12 variant.

Rides
    Think all it needed were 4 P11 rocker arms... Then it would also activate the high exh lobe.

Rides
    And cam at least surely?

Rides
    The cams come with the motor, aka vet cams. So the high exhaust lobe is there (slightly less lift, higher duration). It just isn't activated cause the middle rocker for the high lobe isn't there.... unless i'm completely mistaken

Rides
    Aren't the exhaust valves sodium filled like the DET ones? I've seen mixed responses on the non turbo valves on both heads being unsuitable over certain temperature ranges, or over 500HP (heat)