Thread: Compression test results

Rides

Lightbulb Compression test results

Hey guys,

i read through a few threads already, did some research and spoke to two mechanics.
    But seeing as I am slightly paranoid, i wanted to get your opinion too.

Did a (more or less cold) compression test recently and came up with around 8.5-9 bar on each cylinder.
    1# 8.2
    2# 8.5
    3# 8.8
    4# 8.9

Im planning to do a lot of mileage throughout next year so was wondering should i be worried about it or not?
    So far i came to the conclusion that its mainly the age of the engine and since they are all within 5-10% it seems ok-ish.
    What do ye think?

Rides
    I wouldn't read too much into cold compression results, if you want a proper answer you need to do it when the engine is upto temperature, wet and dry test.

Don't forget to remove all the other spark plugs first and keep the battery hooked upto a charger.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into cold compression results, if you want a proper answer you need to do it when the engine is upto temperature, wet and dry test.

Don't forget to remove all the other spark plugs first and keep the battery hooked upto a charger.
    Ok cool.
    had her "warm up" by letting her run for about 5 mins but just parked up, no driving. Would consider this still as cold.

The rest was done, thanks!