Thread: Cold Starting Issues

Rides

Cold Starting Issues

right so the E30 is now all complete, wiring etc all done correctly as well so no more issues with the fuel pump but when its cold starting its literally struggling to stay running.

When you open the throttle a little bit its better, still not great but it is better, soon as it reaches temperature its fine, it idles nice, doesn't get too hot etc..

it is currently on a base map so I can put some miles on it but if I am honest I don't fancy driving it when it wont start up correctly, im not sure if the mapper has messed it up or what im not sure?

Any ideas where to go with it?

Rides
    Sounds like the Engine temp sensor if it's purely temp related.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Ive been having the same thing on my project car thats sat for a couple years and left scratching my head with it, replacing my coolant temp sensor made no change

Rides
    Just had a flick through your thread , whats your wideband read on cold when it struggles to run ?

Rides
    Il have to check the wide band reading, I need to check the throttle position switch, looking at it most SR’s run at 800rpm but mine when warm is at 1000rpm. I wouldn’t of said it was coolant sensor as it’s brand new from the build. I’m going to have a good go over everything later and make sure I’m getting power to everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_evans View Post
    Il have to check the wide band reading, I need to check the throttle position switch, looking at it most SR’s run at 800rpm but mine when warm is at 1000rpm. I wouldn’t of said it was coolant sensor as it’s brand new from the build. I’m going to have a good go over everything later and make sure I’m getting power to everything

Let me know how you get on , might be helpfull in getting mine running also !

Rides
    Well having a good look over everything I got the volt metre out and it turns out I’m not getting any power to the idle control valve in either the purple or Brown plug...... any suggestions?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_evans View Post
    Well having a good look over everything I got the volt metre out and it turns out I’m not getting any power to the idle control valve in either the purple or Brown plug...... any suggestions?

Im not sure , maybe check at the ECU try and work out if its the wiring to the plug ? Or an earth ?