Thread: insurance help ?

Rides

Smile insurance help ?

Hi all ,

new to the forum always been a UK starlet owners whore . Looking to see who would be decent for insurance for a S body CA engine or SR . im 22 , had my license a year , 0 NCB . i know fine well it will be hella expensive but just curious and any advice would be appreciated folks

Rides
    Greenlight, Sky or Adrian Flux would be the best places however given your lack of NCB, age and inexperience ( I believe some insurers are now wanting RWD experience before insuring high power RWD cars)...i will say good luck

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    Greenlight, Sky or Adrian Flux would be the best places however given your lack of NCB, age and inexperience ( I believe some insurers are now wanting RWD experience before insuring high power RWD cars)...i will say good luck
    Cheers fella haha just curious gonna have a scout about to see if its affordable in the slightest

Rides
    Why have you got no NCD if you've been driving a year ? Been driving on Dad's insurance ?

...and why only 1 yr if you're 22 ?

I have to be honest, I think you're going to struggle to get anyone to cover you.

I know this is different but its less extreme IMO. I bought a superbike after 4 years off bikes. Even though I was over 50, had had full NCD gained on Superbikes over 12 years , I could only get 4 companies to quote me for the first 12 months and the premiums quoted were outrageous from 3 of them. I took the fourth which was £550.

After the 12 months, they were pretty much falling over themselves to quote me because I hadn't managed to kill myself in the first 12 months. Best quote was £275.

Why not put your dream car on hold for a couple of years and get something more mainstream while you get some experience ? Maybe an IS200 or a 3-series or early 1-series - all RWD.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Why have you got no NCD if you've been driving a year ? Been driving on Dad's insurance ?

...and why only 1 yr if you're 22 ?

I have to be honest, I think you're going to struggle to get anyone to cover you.

I know this is different but its less extreme IMO. I bought a superbike after 4 years off bikes. Even though I was over 50, had had full NCD gained on Superbikes over 12 years , I could only get 4 companies to quote me for the first 12 months and the premiums quoted were outrageous from 3 of them. I took the fourth which was £550.

After the 12 months, they were pretty much falling over themselves to quote me because I hadn't managed to kill myself in the first 12 months. Best quote was £275.

Why not put your dream car on hold for a couple of years and get something more mainstream while you get some experience ? Maybe an IS200 or a 3-series or early 1-series - all RWD.
    Hey buddy, basically i lost my job not long after passing my driving test at 21 and couldnt afford insurance and to Map and M.O.T my Glanza so i had to break my Glanza V for parts.

So now ive been fishing about for a good motor but nothings came up near me in Scotland, so was curious about what insurance would be like on a S body, if anything id get one and keep it a few years and just get a cheap daily in the mean time

Rides
    200s don't really make good cars to learn to drive in, mate

Every autumn we get silly season as a good chunk of drivers new to 200s find out just how snappy they can be in the wet and stick them into ditches or road furniture.

Why not look at something like an MX-5 to start with ? They've got plenty of seat of the pants feel to them and RWD and if you get a newer one, it'll have traction control too.

Rides
    Its always an option so it is, will keep an eye on gumtree to see if anything half decent is for sale always had a soft spot for Mx5's and its a good start