Thread: MOT Query

Rides

MOT Query

Sup dudes

My car MOT expiry date is the 30th November....

However, I took it in for an early MOT today. Multiple failures put the repair value more than the car (07 reg Mondeo ST tdci with 155k miles), rear drop links, seized calipers and few other things.....

Because its a failure today, is the car still legally driveable on the road until the 30th November ?? I am most likely going to sell it to a garage who buy cars, and make a huge loss given I only bought it in March this year! ....

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Grey area I believe. You're technically driving a car which has been deemed unfit for the road.

Let me know how much the garage is offering for it, may know someone who's interested in it.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    garage just said, I can drive to the original date of the MOT life, so 30th November in my case!
    Failed on Anti Roll Links (rear), and both rear calipers are nailed....
    They say, if I get the parts, it will cost £200 to get sorted and mot passed inc the service items I gave them to do (i already bought oil, air, pollen, fuel filters)

I think I would be lucky to get £700 from a "we buy cars for cash" garage places..... am thinking, if it costs £400 total to get road sorted, worth me spending the wifes xmas present money on my car!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yeah get it fixed mate. Not worth much with no mot
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    drop links are only about a tenner a pair and calipers are like £50 each.

common mondeo stuff.

Rides
    your spot on !
    I ordered the parts, as I like the ST, so worth keeping as my daily!

Losing interest in the R34 (again), so thinking of the s14a as we speak !

Rides
    As Chris said it's a grey area.

Yes you can drive it till the 30th but if you got in an accident (with those failures) you'd be totally ****ed as you knew the vehicle was unfit for the road.

Rides
    your MOT due date 30th, will still hold as the 30th no matter if you have an early MOT or not, if it fails the new mot it does not matter as it will still stand on the original date the first MOT was given.

I found this out from a MOT station recently with my other car because I wanted an early mot on a week that I was off work.

Rides
    I always get them tested a month early so it gives me time to get the car fixed or to find a replacement. Ive got it timed so that my tax/mot and insurance is pretty much due in the same week so if the car ends up with a mega failure I can just bin it off and get another and not get raped on switching cars by the insurance company.

Rides
    Good bangernomics that !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk