Thread: Roll centre correction

Rides

Roll centre correction

I think I’m due some new ball joints soon so was looking at buying/making some roll centre correction ball joints on all 4 corners I recon the hard race ones are corrected by about 20mm and I recon I could make some the same maybe a touch more

Question is does anyone bother doing anything with the rear arms (traction,toe,camber)

Any help welcome

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Don’t the driftworks/gktech etc hubs do it all?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yeah but can’t really justify 700+ quid I recon I could modify some ball joints for sub 40 quid and a few hours on the lathe

Rides
    Just an fyi this style of balljoint does absolutely nothing for roll centre even though a lot of companies sell them and claim they do:

You actually would want balljoints with longer spindle, to change the pivot point at the end of the lower arm.

Although the easiest way to sort it is to just get geomasters/gktech/PBM etc. knuckles as they help everything in one hit, not just the lower arm angle

Rides
    I’ve got some e36 inner ball joints which have a longer shank on them they have the same spline size but don’t have the cut lip groove so Need to machine that into it and I’m going to make a sleeve to move the point upwards

There is no chance of different knuckles so it’s either replacement stock joints or have a play and try and make some

Rides
    You can make modified ones yourself with a spherical bearing and a tapered shank bolt if you're willing to modify the arm to accept the spherical bearing. This is what quite a few in the US have done who auto-x and the like. Critical bit will be covering the joint afterwards so it lasts reasonably well with our shit weather.

Rides
    I got a full set of Hardrace ball joints and bump steer ends on mine after recommendation from guys on here, seemed to have helped on track. I did look at the new knuckles, but they **** about with steering angle which I didn't want and not all allow use of ABS

Rides
    One thing to add that I found. Even though the new ball joints are about 20mm longer, I had to take a lot more than that out of the shock length to get it back to the same height. IIRC, it was 30-35mm

Rides
    Have a look at the new GK Teck grip ones:

https://www.gktech.com/grip-s-chassi...-knuckles.html

OEM ackerman and steering arm length with provision for ABS

Rides
    They look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk