Thread: Diff additive with plated lsd

Rides

Diff additive with plated lsd

My diff is getting a bit noisy it’s whining under low load like cruising about so I think the gears are a little worn as the backlash is okay and the pinion seemed the correct depth the poly subframe and diff bushes aren’t helping I don’t think either
    I’ve got a kaaz 2way diff in it with kaaz oil I was wondering if I could chuck some gunk in it to quiten down the whine without damaging the clutch plates until I can source a new diff with it being a 4.3 ratio skyline diff in s14 abs casing it’s not the most common or cheapest out there

Also will the 4.3 lsd fit into a normal s14 3.7/3.9 ratio or is the centre matched to the ring gear so not interchangeable ?

Thanks

Rides
    Input shaft with pinion and ring gear are a set and should be kept as a set.

ratio - gear teeth
    4.363 48/11 (Standard on RHD non European S13 200SX, NZ and JDM 180SX)
    4.083 49/12 (Standard on LHD non European S13 200SX)
    3.916 47/12 (Standard on European S13 200SX)

Although they have the same number of teeth, the 12 teeth pinions for 4.813 and 3.916 are different sizes. The PCD of all R200 diffs is the same so 47/48/49 teeth all have to fit in the same circumference. The teeth on a 47 tooth ring gear are bigger than on a 48 or 49 tooth ring gear. The teeth on the pinion have to match the teeth on the ring gear. The 4.083 pinion will have teeth that are 47/49 (pinion is 0.96 smaller than 3.916 pinion) the size of the teeth on a 3.916 pinion and for the 4.363 pinion the teeth are 12/11 x 48/49 (pinion is 1.06 bigger than 3.916 pinion). The ring gear has the teeth at different lateral positions in relation to the bolt flange to match the pinion size.

Rides
    Red Line do Heavy Shockproof oil and Limited slip friction modifier.

Might be worth looking into those to see if either would help you out.

Rides
    The Kaaz oil already has additive in it. You could try changing it but I don't think it will make much difference. My advice would be sell it to a drifter.

Rides
    Don’t think I’m gunna rebuild this one at the minute as I’ve got a few road trips planned this year and the 4.36 ratio does my head in at 70mph over 4krpms so looking to swap the kaaz centre from the 4.36 diff into my stock 3.7 ratio so I can enjoy the road trips

Is this as simple as I think just pull both to bits and swap over the centres and check backlash and engagement or do I need other parts to go with it or are the centres totaly different

Thsnks