Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drink Driving

Rides

Drink Driving

Hi All.

Last weekend. I had a prang in my 370. Bumper got broken, but the worst damage was caused by all the safety features. Bonnet pop up fired as did the passenger air bag curtains. I hit a curb.

The thing is and I want to tell you all. I'd been to a party the night before. It was about 12 hours afterwards when I drove home. I was still over the limit. I thought I was Ok, but I wasn't. I have been charged with driving over the limit.

I am so sorry guys. I made a mistake.

The car will be fixed. But I wanted to apologise and tell people don't drive the morning after.

Before anyone says anything. A Nismo front bumper has already been ordered.

Again, I am really sorry guys

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Lesson to us all. Kudos for being straight up about it.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Honest and brave , how much did you have to drink ?

Rides
    I really aught to get one of those breathalyzer things, prob blow it up even 2 days after a bender.

Rides
    Same thing happened to me man, I’d had 8 hours sleep showerd sh*t shaven and had a full breakfast and felt fine but was still over
    I never drive the day after drinking anymore and always warm people!
    Lost my licence/job and insurance was a bugger for a few years after.

Rides
    Must have had quite a skin-full to still be over that far after, I'm sure quite a few people have done it without realising to be fair.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    I really aught to get one of those breathalyzer things, prob blow it up even 2 days after a bender.
    I dont know how accurate they are though, youd be gutted if it said you were OK but you still lost your license .........

As said before Ash, could happen to anyone, fair play for taking it on the chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    To be honest now, i have moved onto prescription drugs, far better
    Get yourself a busted back and wallow in the opids being used to try and contain the pain, better than a pint - apart from the pain bit.

Rides
    Fair play for putting that out in public. Most peoe wouldn't. Live and learn!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    To be honest now, i have moved onto prescription drugs, far better
    Get yourself a busted back and wallow in the opids being used to try and contain the pain, better than a pint - apart from the pain bit.
    **** that for a giggle, when I fractured my back I got addicted to Codeine, coming off them was hell

Rides
    Naa i dont have an addictive personality, also one whif of addiction and i would bin them.
    Gets rid of my sciatica anyway so its not as if i dont need them anyway, just in a different way

Rides
    Cheers guys. It’s going to be difficult not driving but at least I’ll have time on my hands to fix her properly.

This is the plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    What did you get?
    12 months and a grand or something like that?

Rides
    Go to court in January

Rides
    Good lord don't get caught again after NYE Ash

Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    I dont know how accurate they are though, youd be gutted if it said you were OK but you still lost your license .........
    They'd be accurate enough.

Usually if you're right near the limit (and coming down) the faffing around with arresting you, getting you to the station and processing you is enough time to dip back under the limit.
    Legal limit is 35, but most forces won't prosecute till 40.
    Last edited by R3K1355; 21-11-2017 at 10:01.

Rides
    Sorry to hear Ash

Not going to say bad luck for the same reason I don't say it was good luck I never had a serious incident or got lifted in my years of escalating alcohol use to becoming a top-up 'functioning' drunk.

I had a year or so of not driving a while back because of booze. As said not banned, but it screwed everything else in my life up so badly I couldn't run a car (and shouldn't have been anyway...). At the end of the day it was doable, I've learned a bit from the experience, and life today is not too bad, even with not drinking.

Hope all works through for you, keep us posted, and if I can be of help drop me a pm.

Sideways, not sure how much you're jesting but watch yourself with the opiates (and other stuff for back pain) - prescribed stuff can cause its problems too...
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides
    A lot wouldn't post up so credit for that. Life is often what you learn from your mistakes, we all have a list of them.

Before spending on the car, check you can still keep it. Those I know who were banned for this had to get a basic car like a standard Fiesta for a few years as even that cost them a fortune for insurance, so worth checking first before potentially wasting money.

Secondly, general insurance question, but do they pay out if you are over the limit for your own car (I know they have to for 3rd party liability) or do they try and recover this from you?
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    They usually only cover 3rd party when drink is involved.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    A lot wouldn't post up so credit for that. Life is often what you learn from your mistakes, we all have a list of them.

Before spending on the car, check you can still keep it. Those I know who were banned for this had to get a basic car like a standard Fiesta for a few years as even that cost them a fortune for insurance, so worth checking first before potentially wasting money.

Secondly, general insurance question, but do they pay out if you are over the limit for your own car (I know they have to for 3rd party liability) or do they try and recover this from you?
    I appreciate what you are saying. But I will have to spend some to make anything back on it.

Can still enjoy it even if I have to let her drive

Rides
    Yep just trying to arm you with as many facts as possible to help you make the best decision for you. I know if I couldn't get insured on the SX for a few years I'd store it in a garage unless someone else could benefit from it.

As post 18 said, check out your insurance will pay out, if you are liable yourself you probably don't want that expensive insurance body shop repairing the car, you may want to find somewhere else yourself.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13