Thread: Welsh area gearing up for winter work and spring action

Rides

Cool Welsh area gearing up for winter work and spring action

Right then you lot...

Its looking like there is a fair bit of work going on in Garages across the South Wales area at the moment, this can only be great news for spring 2018!

With this in mind, its time to start thinking about events to attend in 2018, and if we would like to lay on some of our own like the good old days.

SXOC Llandow Track-day

I would love to see some more names down on the Llandow track day thread as its very close to us. Im sure there are a few of you that have spent many hours smashing round the track after paying far more than the £105 you are paying as a member and you wont have been fed or entertained for that price either!
    For quick reference, the date is Saturday the 21st April and camping will be available locally on Friday and Saturday, there will be a slap up BBQ on the Friday night and food is available in the onsite cafe during Saturday (Cracking breakfast to be fair).

The return of The Babboon run

The Babboon Run is something that has recently been discussed among the active members, and personally feel that is long overdue a re appearance.
    I think we could do a smaller run around the Gower and then later in the year perhaps re visit the Beacons and Rhayader route that proved so successful on "the run to the kills event" everyone remembers so well.

Pembrey Welsh wekender

Pembrey country park is a cracking venue and given some decent weather and plenty of planning im sure we could hold another awesome social weekend with some stunning cars as backdrops.
    Camping,Beer,Food and Entertainment...what more do you want a ride on a mini steam train i hear you cry, well we even have that covered too

Drift weekenders @ Pembrey

The Drift Inc crew are well established in this area now and im sure they wouldn't mind teaming up again to hold another weekender style event for the SXOC, we jumped on their coat tails last time and it worked out very well for all of us.
    I wasn't even drifting or gripping and had a cracking time there.

If anyone has any ideas like the above or would like to help out organise an even then please set up and we will do everything we can to help you through the process, you would never be expected to go it alone

Please if you are aware of an event locally or more to the point nationally, and think that us Welshies should convoy up. Then PLEASE post in here so we can get the info together and start a proper thread.
    We have the ability to link to Facebook and need to drag the Facebook people back onto the forums to keep the info and responses together in one place where its easy to see and check.

Anyway i said i was going to kick things back into shape, next up are monthly meets....
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    It's been 9 years since I was last at a meet - I really would love to get the S14 sorted for 2018!

Rides
    Well my garage is utter chaos I cant seem to concentrate on one S-Body at a time however I do have the prodrive N12 in there ready to go

Rides
    Yes yes yes to them all. I'm always up for a good time 😊

Rides
    I remember the run to the hills for the wrong reasons! 3 points for being the slowest

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Ah gutted. What happened? Everyone shoot off and let you take wrap?

Rides
    He took a wrong turn and got snapped by a van lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Classic Paul

Rides
    pembry and the run sounds a plan to me !