Thread: Hx30 or 2871r

Rides

Hx30 or 2871r

Don't want to go into mad detail just after opinions on which would be better!

Will be fully forged and aiming for 350ish bhp

Rides
    CA?
    How about a Evo 7 (iirc) TD05 welded properly onto a CA manifold
    If interested PM me, I'l sell it for not much money.

Rides
    what is the spec of the hx30 though?? as they make like 100 different types.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    what is the spec of the hx30 though?? as they make like 100 different types.
    Bearing in mind 350 is where i want to be if a bit more then all good!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    It'll work. The turbine is large, although offset by the small housing and small trim on the compressor. Disagree with the A/R he's ended up with, it sounds smaller than 0.65 to me, more like 0.57 or some such I think.

It's still a smaller trim wheel than Garrett or BW offer for example so it will have some benefits in terms of efficiency at low mass flow. In theory a 71mm compressor should be able to deliver enough air for 550hp with a larger trim but since this is quite small it'll probably deliver enough air for somewhere in the 400s.

GT2871s are old tech now and weren't especially sophisticated to begin with so they may well behave very similarly to each other. Lots more work to fit the Holset though, external WG needed and V-band downpipe etc.
    Last edited by zeppelin101; 24-11-2017 at 11:31.

Rides
    Anthony frank sounds too much like anne frank which would never be a real persons name.

ANY WAY,,,,I put an 8cm hx30 on an sr20 and it make something disappointing like 320hp and 340 ftlb's of torque. made for a nice punchy setup, felt like it spooled up from nothing but is totally not worth all the mucking around to get it to fit. seemed like it was getting choked somehow even though it had 3" straight out the back of the turbo.you have to chop loads off the exhaust housing and weld the IWG shut and weld a V band flange on. . the hx35 just seemed to take ages to spool, the hx32 would probably be somewhere in the middle but ive never heard of anyone fitting one. holsett is probably a cheap option if you are a dab hand at fabricating, if you have to pay someone then avoid like the plague.

turbo performance are selling brand new 2871R's for £725 delivered (with an actuator fitted) as a 'black Friday deal'. im half tempted to sack off my EFR idea and just stick one of those on,

Rides
    You'll need to run it with a ton of boost to get the goods out of it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Rides
    probably why it was so low then, think the guy only ran about 15psi as it was a standard 100k+ engine.