Thread: What headlamp upgrades are available in 2017 for S13 pop up headlights?

Rides

What headlamp upgrades are available in 2017 for S13 pop up headlights?

As most of my driving at the moment is down dark country lanes and the stock headlights have the same wattage as a zippo lighter in heavy wind I want to upgrade.

Trouble is a google search throws up plenty of info from the early 2000's but not a lot recently.

The only thing I have found of real value at the moment is the Hella H4 conversion kit from FRSport but as they're US based I'm guessing the spread pattern on the beam is going to be aiming to the right instead of the left like we need over here in the UK.

So what options are there realistically available? I'm keeping the popups and they have to road legal for the MOT but it would also be nice to see where I'm going in the mornings as right now half my trip is steered using memory!

Many thanks

Chris

Rides
    Hey man check out this YouTube link, Kalvin installed these head light units afew months back which I thought looked pretty good.
    https://youtu.be/N1r_TPwRO6Q

Rides
    You could do a proper HID conversion using a kit from a company in the US called the retro fit source. There are probably done question marks around the washer side of things at MOT time but I can't remember what the regs are.

There's a good how to for an RX-7:

https://www.rx7club.com/interior-ext...trofit-927786/

You'll just need to find clear lenses with no refraction pattern on - probably on eBay?

I'd like to do something similar on my car. If it ever works again.
    Last edited by zeppelin101; 29-11-2017 at 22:37.

Rides
    I did it he e46 conversion and it was a nightmare I’m guessing it’s the rhd thing but the insides are nothing like the pictures/guides on various sites show
    It made a small difference but not night and day so to speak

Rides
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm guessing the fact that the sellers are US isn't an issue?

Rides
    I've got some Osram Night breakers on the way that I'll try out for now and report back the success if any....

Rides
    The 2nd Gen ebay ad above states left or right hand drive. I emailed them last night bizarrely & just waiting on reply.

Rides
    I have Raybrig housings and PIAA Hyper+ bulbs and am very happy compared to standard candles, have upgraded to 100w halogens in the past with good results but need to make a sub-harness off a relay as current will probably be too much for old Nissan wiring. There are replacement LED housings too which have proper cut off etc, pricey though.

Edit: Was on phone, just saw Ian posted some LED jobbies for reasonable money too if you like the looks, are more conventional looking ones and I found Youtube was good for finding reviews on them.
    Last edited by FunkyMonk; 30-11-2017 at 16:39.

Rides
    Check out a company called auto bulbs direct. Usually do HID conversions and are based here in Southampton

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Raybrigs with decent bulbs/hids (just Raybigs and stock bulbs is way better tbh),the stock headlamps are terrible
    avoid the LED work lamp looking things they sell for jeeps,aside from they are ugly as hell I doubt they will have a cut off of sorts/be legal