Thread: Timing marks sr20det vvt

Rides

Timing marks sr20det vvt

Hi chaps,

Just a quick one for you, i just need to see if this link below is the correct way to time up the benctam sr20det engine, as I've read a few people saying that instead of using the 2nd from 1st left timing mark on the bottom pulley they have actually used the second from last timing mark on the right to line up the pin on the cover?

https://frsport.com/How-To-Set-Crank...gine_t_25.html

I'm having a issue with the car continuing to run when its warm/up to temperature and then restarting the car is pretty much impossible, it wants to fire but doesn't.

Thanks in advance
    Lee

Rides
    the guide in the link is the correct mark to use, has the engine been taken apart and this problem started ?
    the cam chain has marked link plates 2 black (one for each cam sprocket) and a gold/copper link for the crank
    the links should line up like the picture ,with crank pulley off can see the crank sprocket mark for the link plate to line up to
    the CAS is easy to get wrong and possible if its been removed the problem
    has the engine been recently compression tested to confirm it is healthy,or is it being rebuilt

Rides
    Sounds like incorrectly set CAS to me.

The above reply is bang on from my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Yeah ive just recently done the chain an struggled with the cas, the car would turn over but not fire, i adjusted the cas an it started first time, so defo have a little look at that!