Thread: Window trim help

Rides

Window trim help

Hi Guys,

Autoglass have bodged the installation of my new screen and in turn knackered a set of brand new trims they have supplied.

I'm not overly concerned about what trims are used as long as they are decent.

I'm hearing that Transit trims are suitable and readily available, can someone point me in the right direction of what they look like as i have been given a length of trim by an installer and it looks like it wont be flexible enough to do the job.

Autoglass now want to use this length of trim and are asking me if they can! I have told them i would rather them use a suitable trim and im not willing to authorise them to use the trim as its their responsibility not mine.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    If anyone is reading this and needs to get a screen replaced in the South Wales area, avoid Autoglass at all costs.

This saga has been ongoing for weeks now and they have failed to install the screen on 3 occasions, resulting in me paying storage fees on the car until its finally fixed, i'm not happy for it to leave the body-shop as i cant trust the monkeys fitting the screen not to cause any damage.

I have been over to the body shop today to see the car... Bearing in mind the car was freshly painted and clean ready for the new screen, they have completely fcuked up installing it to the point the driver side trim wont even fit!
    They have bonded the outer trims in rather then clip them into the gutter so god knows what mess they are going to make taking it back out again!

Will have to call the insurance company tomorrow and make them aware of the mess they have made and then call Autoglass and demand answers.

Im lost for words now with all this and have lost confidence.

Rides
    Universal trim from the average windscreen fitter lad, telling you it did me proud and looked (in my opinion) miles better than an OEM.

You should see the price of window seals on a '32 GTR. It'll make you cry.

Rides
    Dude WTF is going on with your luck at the moment? Hopefully its sorted soon

Rides
    This is not a great advert for them is it. Hopefully get it sorted out quick

Rides
    Another vote here for universal windscreen trim. A good fitter will make it look better than OEM. That's how my front and rear are fitted and they look great.

Rides
    get the bodyshop to check they don't scratch the crap out of your paint cutting it out before they stick the new screen in.
    ive seen this happen before and the car grew loads of rust scabs under and around the screen.

Rides
    The reason its in the body shop is due to A pillar rust caused by historical screen replacement and poor fitting