Thread: Flashing Airbag Light

Rides

Flashing Airbag Light

Ive recently done my chain on my s14a an while i was doing work i undone the battery, after taking the terminal off i heard a couple of beeps , didnt think nothing of it, then once id put the car back together and tried to start the car the airbag light started to flash an does so continuously as the car runs
    I got me mate to plug in his scan tool to see why its on, went into airbag codes and there isnt any codes showing
    Any ideas on why its on and how to clear it?
    Thanks in advance!

Rides
    To reset the airbag light you need to perform an odd little sequence.

Open the drivers door, shut it, ignition on, open the door, press in the sensor in the door jam 7 times as quick as you can, shut the door, start the engine. I don't think I've ever managed to get it first time so try a bunch of times if you're not successful. If you've done it correctly, the car will start and the airbag light will be off, if there is a problem that still persists, it will start flashing again within 20 seconds or so. I can't get mine to stop flashing, hoping it's the wiring in the steering wheel clockspring and not further back.

As for why you've been blessed with this flashing light, I'm not sure :-(

Rides
    Did you notice where the beeps originated from? Dash, rear etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Thanks for the replies, ye that sounds mad but i will give it a go ofcourse haha
    An i was under the bonnet at the time but it sounded either dash or bulkhead area like no idea
    Thanks

Rides
    Mine did something similar when I had the battery off and did the silky sequence and it worked but as above it took a couple of goes to get it right too quick it doesn’t work and too slow it don’t work lol