Thread: 94' Q's S14

Flamethrower
    Rides

94' Q's S14

Quick thread to motivate and inspire me.

Had a few S14's and other jap stuff, usually ended up wasting time and money and not really been able to afford to do what I wanted to do with them.

Wound up with this:

DSC_0639.jpg
    DSC_0637.jpg
    DSC_0638.jpg
    DSC_0640.jpg

Nice tidy 1994 Q's Navan model S14. Manual, already has five stud hubs (but still the little crap brakes, oddly) and a VLSD although I dont know which - 4.1 or 4.3 ratio by my quick maths based on speed and revs etc.

Only 37k miles on the clock, really clean underneath, drives really sweet and its good fun - more like a big MX5 and the DE has a bit of charm to it. Can spin the wheels up better than most think.

Been sat a long while in Japan unfortunately, it has bad fade / laquer peel on the bonnet, roof, wing etc. Front and back windscreen seals are pretty screwed. Nice navan spoiler and front bumper, some period Alpine rear subs.

Picked up some interior trim odds and ends it needed and some R33 front brakes (cheers Slide) and a set of R33 GTR wheels - tires next, hopefully on after Xmas.

Unsure on the plan really, want some matching R33 or Z32 rear brakes, sort handling out (Tein Springs and some unknown shocks at the moment) and try enjoy it a bit. Possibly try pick up a blown SR to rebuild and hopefully keep it simple.

Rides
    Looks like a good platform to start with. The silva badge behind the door is cool

Rides
    Would be cool to keep it NA if you have the funds. Easy things such as thinner headgasket and a tune can bump the power, at the same time add cams and youll see near 200 straight away.

Rides
    Rear gears are 4.083 on manual iirc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsauce View Post
    Would be cool to keep it NA if you have the funds. Easy things such as thinner headgasket and a tune can bump the power, at the same time add cams and youll see near 200 straight away.
    Tempting, but the performance gain versus cost puts me off. Would be a really cool thing to drive with lairy cams and ITB's etc, but from the few examples i've seen, people really struggle to pull much power from DE's.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post
    Rear gears are 4.083 on manual iirc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Interesting, will have to grab some pics underneath and see to be sure - didnt know if any factory N/A models came with LSDs?

Rides
    I'm not sure. I've got a K's and it came with a shimmed up diff that was permanently locked so I swapped to a Quaife helical after about a month.
    Also I reckon a "Silvia" grill looks awesome with the Navan Front bumper This is mine.
    WhatsApp Image 2017-03-21 at 13.04.17.jpg

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Nice. Yeah i think its definitley a VLSD not a 1.5 or 2 way, but i need to confirm if its the R180 subframe, shafts and diff still - not the usual R200 we see in the UK.

Odd that someone went to the trouble of doing a 5-stud swap, but retained the tiny crappy brakes.

Probably get a UK subframe to powdercoat and build up with new bushes and aftermarket arms, then swap the whole lot over.

Rides
    http://datnut.dfrag.com.au/wp-conten...80-vs-R200.jpg

This should help with identifying.