Thread: Help before mental breakdown

Rides

Help before mental breakdown

I seem to be having issue after issues with my S14a at the moment so any help is appreciated.

The other day my heater fans started only working on speed 4 so I replaced the heater resister card with a brand new one. Day or two later the fan stopped all together and I found that it had seized so I found a second hand one and replaced it, all good again.

Now yesterday was the first time driving the car since fitting the new fan and it was all good until I noticed that my rev counter had stopped working (I didn’t think much of it because I know it’s a common issue with dry solder)
    Then a little later I noticed that intermittently where I had my wiper stalk would effect if the Rev counter worked or not.
    A little later again I noticed that my wipers would sometimes operate even in the off position.
    I then turned my car off for probably about 20 mins and then when I restarted it I had the check engine light flashing (no consistency in the flashing, sometimes it would stay lit or off for longer) all my gauges were good and the car drove fine but I feel like I may have an electrical issue?

The reason I mentioned the heater fan is that I had to move the ECU to get the fan out, I took extra care not to pull any wires or anything but could I have caused my issues from this?

Sorry for the long read but I need guidance

Thank you.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Does the eml not flash in a pattern to give a code?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Does the eml not flash in a pattern to give a code?
    Can’t seem to notice a pattern, the throttle seems to effect the light sometimes. If I’m accelerating hard the light will be constantly on, or it will come on or off if I touch the throttle.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Did you move any earth straps etc when moving things behind the dash?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    sounds like a bad earth maybe. double check the bits you messed with, might have knocked something or forgotten to put something back on

Rides
    Hmm, I didn’t actually disconnect anything ECU or earth wise but I did see an earth which I guess I could have maybe made loose or something by accident, I’ll have a look

Rides
    I’ve had a look in the area around the ECU that I was moving things and the earth appears to be fine, I have also tried having the car running and playing with the wires to see if I could find some sort of loose connection but no luck.

Before I started playing with the wires I noticed that my temp gauge is not also playing up, it’s a bit all over the place but pretty much sitting around the red area.

It really does sound like an earthing problem, any ideas for other earths or anything to check?