Thread: Fender pulling, any guides on how to do it safely?

Rides

Fender pulling, any guides on how to do it safely?

Hey guys

Im gonna be fitting 10inch wide wheels on my stock s14, gonna go with 235/40/18 and stretch it a bit.

Im gonna have to pull the front fenders and maybe the back, wondered if anyone had a guide on how to do it properly?

cheers
    Notty

Rides
    There is no way to do it safely I’d say I’ve done a few cars for friends aswell as a few of my own and i hate it it’s so violent and your never sure if a chunk of filler is gunna fall out

I struggled on my 14 doing the fronts as they were so flexi

Rides
    If your doing it yourself all you need is arch roller kit and heat gun to warm the panel to roll it but if you want it done properly get the arch roller professional to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Clean the inside of the arches well and remove all dirt. Plenty of heat on the paint but not enough to damage it, I taped the lip on mine but the paint still cracked a little, get the touch up paint ready. If your arches have been repaired with filler in the past or are rusty then forget it, it won't work.

On the fronts I bent the lips up with a bar off the tyre carefully then removed the wings and hammered (carefully) the lips flat, while the wings are off tuck the arch loom on the drivers side up out the way to avoid issues in the future, you may find the front of the sills need work so look at those while you're there.

On the rears the heat gun is you're friend. Disconnect your shock and put a jack under the lower arm to stop the arch roller just pushing away from the arch, go slow and take your time

Check YouTube for how to videos.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I never got on with arch rollers, I found they just hit the brake calipers. I tended to just smash heck out of the with a hammer and dolly.

Rides
    You have to put a lot of stress on it as flex’s so much. Heat heat heat ��