Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Gracey - Jonny Wilkinson's new project

Rides
    stick it up for sale on Driftworks as we all know you wont get any silly offers from wanabe pikey skidders

Rides
    Cleaned the interior. Not a deep clean but a proper hoovering with seats out etc.

Painted up the front wipers and refitted

So I taxed it and took it out for a test ride to make sure it was OK for Duxford (which I then found I was too late to buy a ticket for ) and it wasn't very stable on the brakes coming down from 80 so I took a closer look at the suspension and found this...

so replaced them with some good s/h ones I had in the shed.

Rides
    Oh and I also cleaned out the spare wheel well, fitted a skinny spare and a layer of hardboard so the boot is now flat.

She's going for a Gates cambelt kit fitting in a couple of weeks then she'll be ready for her next owner.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Come along to Duxford and we can talk

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Did this say to meet somewhere else? I'm sure I read it and thought 'where is that?'.

And obviously I didn't make it to Duxford.

Rides
    Wish I had more space as I'd love to make you an offer on this.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughny View Post
    Did this say to meet somewhere else? I'm sure I read it and thought 'where is that?'.

And obviously I didn't make it to Duxford.
    I didn't make it to Duxford either as there was a bit of a fcuk up with tickets

If you keep an eye on the local sub-forum for Essex and Kent for the next breakfast meet, then PM me with your plans to attend, I'll try to take it along so you can have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Wish I had more space as I'd love to make you an offer on this.
    I thought you had a big lockup locally

What would you do with it though, Ben ? I'd really like it to go to someone that will keep it pretty well standard, maybe using it as a rolling project...

Rides
    Looks very nice mate. My first 200sx s13 was that colour.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I thought you had a big lockup locally

What would you do with it though, Ben ? I'd really like it to go to someone that will keep it pretty well standard, maybe using it as a rolling project...
    My Mum used to have a pre-facelift (I had a facelift), would just be fun to restore it back to being a tidy, near-standard car to take to a few shows

Rides
    I'd love to have this to keep as is but no way I can justify it right now My first car only had lowering springs and an exhaust on when I got it and was great fun. I'm not sure I made the second or third ones better by them being made into projects - a maintenance job probably suits my current lifestyle better anyway!

Rides
    its amusing to see people looking at this car and saying how much they have ruined theirs by modifying it . god I wish mine was a normal car I could actually use for stuff.

Rides
    If I had the funds I’d buy it and use it daily, have a seriously modded one and a standard one, how cool would that be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Nice project, I like the colour. How did you get the indicator stalk like new?

Rides
    What skinny spare did you use in the boot?

Rides
    Due to having cracked a pair of late 280mm discs I have had to upgrade to iron calliper S14/300ZX (they were in the shed). The car had the wrong twin rib spokes so I have had to swap wheels with the other car.

While the wheel was off I was able to show it a teardrop rim. Plenty of radial clearance but back clearance was just as bad as the 2 rib, probably needs 25mm spacer.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by white13 View Post
    What skinny spare did you use in the boot?

Can't remember I've had it hanging round so long. I think it was from a Primera or a Micra. 4-stud with the right PCD.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    Due to having cracked a pair of late 280mm discs I have had to upgrade to iron calliper S14/300ZX (they were in the shed). The car had the wrong twin rib spokes so I have had to swap wheels with the other car.

While the wheel was off I was able to show it a teardrop rim. Plenty of radial clearance but back clearance was just as bad as the 2 rib, probably needs 25mm spacer.
    Thanks for the advice but I've given up on that now. Can't see me doing much more to it one way and another.

Rides
    Probably the final update on this thread.

Yesterday, I pulled her out of the lockup she's been hiding in and took her to my house for a quick wash before taking it for its MOT.

It sailed through with the only advisory being that the battery was not secure (I don't clamp it down as its in and out of the car all the time to go no a trickle charger).

So, its back up for sale. The deal includes the numberplate (worth 1000-1250 if you want to recoup some of the outlay) and all the s13 spares I've accumulated over the years (probably worth around £500-600 if sold separately).

Fair warning.
    ---------------

While it was parked up yesterday, a lad asked if I wanted to sell it as he's been looking for a standard one to keep standard. He's coming round next weekend so if any of you want it, you need to contact me this week (PM is good or text on 07880782540) with a definite interest in it before Saturday, otherwise I'll sell it to him if he comes up with the money.

For club members, the price for the car is negotiable depending on how much I know/like/trust you so get in touch and I'll send you a price.

p.s. I'm also selling my Suzuki GSXR750-K5. Advert in link below. Price for this is also negotiable.

https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?595553

Rides
    Is it sold then?

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Nope. I texted him asking if he was still interested and he replied "Yes sorry just had stressful days at work and not had time"

Nothing about when or if he was coming to look so I have to think he was just a tyre kicker.

I've put up an advert here...

https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....3-a-k-a-Gracey

If its not gone by next weekend, I'll put it on car sales sites like Pistonheads, Practical Classics and Autotrader.

I'm not quite at the point of advertising it on Driftworks or ebay but I've done what I can to save it. I can't keep it due to life changes so it has to go.

Rides
    She’s up for sale again on FB. £6,700 and the drift pre-madonnas are saying it’s expensive.