Thread: Advice needed! Baadddd jacking... 🙄

Rides

Advice needed! Baadddd jacking... 🙄

Hi folks,

Some advice please: pretty pissed off with myself but when I first got my s15 I didn’t know about jacking it up on the diff or front subframe... Well I came to this from my little Clio. So much to learn!

One of the damaged box sections was already like it when I got it but I’ve certainly added to it.
    So what do I do? Any advice welcome!

Also I’m planning on dropping the rear subframe, replacing all the bushes, ball joints, dropping the diff etc so I can strip it back to bare metal, zinc primer it, seam sealer it, 3m stone chip and finish with dynax (hopefully preventing any future rust)but with the diff and rear suspension off where do I put my axel stands?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chris2287; 07-01-2018 at 20:33.

Rides
    Leave it. Unless you go to the hassle of pulling it out, or replacing it, leaving is best way.
    Put axle stands on the folded seam of the sills. if you have flat top ones, get hockey pucks, slice a gap in them for the seam to sit in, and put them between the sill and the stand. Means the weight is on the sides of the pinch weld (like the standard scissor jack) I did this with 4 when I refurbed the underside of mine, and had no issues

Rides
    It can be "sort of" pulled out with a slide hammer but the only way to do it properly is to cut them off and weld in new rails and that is a real ballache.

As Slamz says, probs best to leave it but make a note not to make it worse.

Rides
    I would leave it, Ive done it to my car even with wood etc on the jack, annoying but not worth the effort.

Rides
    Very common issues on MX5's.

People fit frame-rail strengthening plates over them.