Thread: Hi all old member coming back, this this time with a PS13

Rides

Hi all old member coming back, this this time with a PS13

Hello from me
    formally S14a ben but i cant remember my password and my email address has long been inactive.

Anyway so i bit the bullet after the S14a and S13 being long gone and getting board of being sensible ive gone out and imported a PS13 Ks.

Its currently on its way over the high seas now and will be in Southampton soonish (my god i cant wait)
    because i cant wait and cant leave anything alone i have already purchased some bricks and a full 5 stud and brake conversion from an s14a.
    will be choosing some coilovers in time and some nice rims but ill let it land first i think.

on a side note does anyone know of a place that sell spare parts for brick headlights like gaskets, brackets etc?

anyway enough rambling its good to be back indeed....

Ben

Rides
    Looks awesome mate, glad you got the bricks ok.

Coilover wise, remember with the s14 knuckles you'll have to drill the s13 suspension mount on the coilover out to accept the s14 bolts as they are thicker than the s13 ones.

Rides
    Gaskets you can just use headlight sealer. Warm it up in boiling water before you put it on

Rides
    Lovely looking car.
    Don't drill the coilovers to fit the bolts.
    Sleeve the s14 hub with copper pipe to accept the s13 bolts.

Rides
    Literally makes no difference apart from now having a weaker bolt through it

Rides
    Most coilovers use the same mounting bracket, one drilled bigger for the s14 bolts.

Rides
    Oi oi, thanks Ian I’m really chuffed and it’s not even here yet

yea thank you for the bricks matey very much appreciated knowing how much of a pain they are to find. Just need to give them a nice bill of health again with stainless bolts etc and brackets.
    Coilover wise I’ve always gone for smash my insides in hard but that’s usually for track bias but this I want less hard so it doesn’t bring on pain but I’ll have a forum search as I’m sure it’s been asked a million times before.