Thread: Ecu help

Rides

Ecu help

Hi guys looking some help.

I bought a second hand unit apexi power F.C. with part number sr2016 020-0911

The car was taken to my tuner who mapped it all fine and well with breathing mods, z33 maf and 555c injectors. When driving home a pipe blew off and it then wouldn’t start. So swapped back to stock ecu and stock maf and it drove just not very well. Enough to get me home.

I then bought a new maf and refitted the apexi and z33 maf. It ran just not perfectly so back up to the mapper. He fixed the wiring on the z33 and it wouldn’t start again but will start run and drive with my stock ecu and z33 maf.

So my issue is, is it the ecu at fault? Or is it something else?

The part number for the ecu comes back with S14 so can I run it on my S15? I haven’t changed pins or cam sensor wiring? Is this something which needs done?

Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Could be that your powerfc has forgot it's settings, did your mapper check it all over?

Also heard some aftermarket Z33 AFMs are shit and don't work properly.

Rides
    Oh really? It was a aftermark z33 maf off eBay. Wasn’t genuine. The ecu still picks up there is a 33 maf with correct voltage however doesn’t fire. Will crank just not start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    All you really need is two things...

Genuine parts and a tuner that knows what he is doing. Was the tuner someone with a good reputation for tuning Jap turbo lumps ?

If it blew a hose off either you had crappy piping/connectors/cramps or it was overboosting.

My advice would be to focus on buying quality parts and travelling the extra miles to find a tuner that has a good reputation for tuning 200s. Being able to tweak so-called Fast Fords doesn't really count for shit when it comes to finding the limits on over-engineered, turboed Jap lumps.

Rides
    would still run in limp mode with no AFM connected.