Thread: Oil catch can doesn’t catch anything ?

Rides

Oil catch can doesn’t catch anything ?

I’ve got a baffled catch can on my bent cam Sr using the cam cover vent to the can and from the can it the pre turbo intake tube

I dont have anything on the small pcv valve at the back

I’ve had this setup for ages and haven’t caught a drop of oil in the can at all which I though was strange I know I don’t want much in there but a bit of condensation/mayo I’d say was normal

Anyone had this or is mine not set up optimally and I’m staying closed loop not interested in a vented setup

Rides
    mine didn't catch a drop either, as a result, i felt was more of an air leak and removed it and went back to standard

Rides
    The can sits between the cam cover and the turbo intake pipe?

Doesn't that pipe mainly draw fresh air into the cam cover and not release oil vapour?
    Oil vapour would go out via the PCV valve on the intake manifold?

Rides
    My understanding was the pcv valve draws a very small amount into the idle control valve to allow it to idle but there is less blowby but under high throttle high blow by situation the pcv is shut and all the blow by gets drawn into the turbo inlet as it’s the highest vac source available under boost ?

That’s my understanding anyway hence why I put it there so it would filter the highest amount of blow by

My bodge in a temp one on the pcv line to see if it does anything